BMW r90s bitsa bomber

Today i chopped up and reconfigured a spare set of Krauser racks to fit the new subframe. The plan is to run a pair of soft dry bags on here when traveling. Four bolts and the whole thing is off for daily riding. Looks good IMO and it was free.

6u7yqa5u.jpg

y9yge4av.jpg

Mike...loafers are classy.

Well, after being bored in the shop and tired of waiting for my fairing mounting parts to come in, I said screw it and built my own out of stainless. Necessity is the mother of invention.

y4u3upy7.jpg

so that means that the fairing is on...and by good if it doesn't fit!!!

amy2ezu2.jpg

vy6esyte.jpg

epuhusy2.jpg

7yqydytu.jpg

2ubahy5u.jpg

ruqu9edy.jpg

Wow, that is damn near perfect for touring/sporty riding position and blocking just enough wind to keep you from getting fatigued without being a huge eye sore.

Thanks Mike and Manx!

Got some more done today...waiting on parts still...it's annoying. Splurged and ordered a Motogadget M-unit and M-button to rewire the entire bike from scratch.

Munit%202.jpg

mbutton_03_800.jpg

Should eliminate the birds nest headlight wiring and overall simplify things. I'm excited about that. So today i fabbed up a 16g steel box to hide the unit and the wiring cluster to go under the seat. Should be super clean. Also made an alloy filler panel to go between the seat and tank. This closes the transition and will house a 12v outlet for charging, the control panel for the heated grips, and a waterproof switch for the auxiliary LED driving lights. It's nice and hidden and keeps all of that crap off of the bars. Then I went up front and cleaned up and attached the front turn signals since the rubbers finally got here from the UK. All in all a productive day.

Filler panel, 1/16" alloy plate:

da6aqu8y.jpg

bedataza.jpg

usepanez.jpg

Electronics box under the seat 16g steel:

4eza8e3y.jpg

e2y5aze2.jpg

u5uneme4.jpg

vumese4y.jpg

Turn signals mounted up:

a7a4u7ep.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Jealous of the motogadget purchase! I thought the v2 m-unit had everything that the m-button had...? For instance: from my understanding the m-button is to replace flashers and relays and fuses, but the m-unit has that built in and more. Let us know how you like them :)

Finnigan said:
Jealous of the motogadget purchase! I thought the v2 m-unit had everything that the m-button had...? For instance: from my understanding the m-button is to replace flashers and relays and fuses, but the m-unit has that built in and more. Let us know how you like them :)

The Unit does have those features Finnigan. The purpose of the M-button is to allow you to wire all of your controls into the Button, and then a single digital wire carries all of that information to the unit itself so you don't have 15 wires running down the spine of your bike. Makes things super clean. I'll definitely post up reviews. I'm stoked about it. No more fuses or relays.

Do more work son. Motor in.

pe6epaza.jpg

syzumysy.jpg

New boot

4uqagema.jpg

I hate the stock auto retract kickstands on airheads, so I made this. Stock spare right foot peg (allows pseudo rear sets since its longer), fabbed andwelded a bracket with spring pin, and modified a cb750 kick stand. Add a little wrinkle paint. Much better.

u4e8u8uv.jpg

How she sleeps:

ruhequge.jpg

Kanticoy said:
The Unit does have those features Finnigan. The purpose of the M-button is to allow you to wire all of your controls into the Button, and then a single digital wire carries all of that information to the unit itself so you don't have 15 wires running down the spine of your bike. Makes things super clean. I'll definitely post up reviews. I'm stoked about it. No more fuses or relays.

Yes, please write up a review when you get a chance. If possible give a description of the work needed to make it run too. I've been intrigued about this but am a complete ignoramus when it comes to wiring.
Thanks
M.

Yep.

Review coming shortly. In short....amazing kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-JFIijLXbM

So still chugging along.

After spending $1100 and a two month wait, I've got my heads back from the machine shop. They got new valves, valve guides, unleaded valve seats, high performance valve springs, a mild port and polish, new center studs, a Serdi 5 angle valve and seat cut, and a bench flow. The guys at Bombar's Beemers in Raleigh did a fantastic job..got them installed today, valves set, and torqued using custom cut copper head gaskets. Very happy. All that's left is exhaust and intake boots and we will have a runner! Also have been fighting removal of a failed Kreem liner in my tank to get the new Caswell Kit put in. It is a nightmare. NEVER USE KREEM!

ru3a4u5y.jpg

yvejyry9.jpg

7ymysa9a.jpg

u8e3ave4.jpg

jyvyveju.jpg

du4ana6e.jpg

rasa5atu.jpg

bynyjydy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y8RHm7TyG4

Wow Kiley, those are purdy and look worth the wait and the out sourcing, it will be a brand new engine when you are all done, should give you a few miles worht of reliability I am sure.

Fancy lookin'

I am enjoying watching this one come together!

Must be great to live in the south and be able to wrench all winter long. :D
This is a spectacular build. I love the Motogadget stuff. I may need to copy some of these tips on my R75/6 build... when I get to it. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom