Cb450sc wiring question

sbaugz

DTT BOTM winner
1986 cb450sc nighthawk

So I am getting ready to wire up my CB450SC tracker. I am planning on wiring all the lights separate from the ignition and charging systems. After looking at Belicomoto website and various other sources, I have started to make a plan. Fortunately, it seems like the stock wiring harness already separates these two systems (charging/ignition and the lights). See pics below- when I hook up coils, CDI, regulator/ rectifier, and alternator, it seems like its all a contained system with only four outlying wires.

- first outlier is the black/ white wire coming off CDI- from what I can gather, this goes to kill switch and then to frame ground to kill bike. I am guessing you use a normally open switch. By depressing button, it completes circuit (closes it) and grounds the black/white wire to frame and kills the spark. That much I understand

- then there are three remaining outlier wires coming of regulator/ rectifier
1) large gauge red/white wire- from what I can tell, this should branch two ways and go to ignition through one branch and go to fuse, then battery through the other branch.
2) dark green wire- should go to frame ground
3) black wire- this is the one that confuses me. I think this is the wire that is used to power all the lights on the bike? I am guessing I would run this to a fuse distribution block and distribute powered leads to the headlight, signals, and brake lights. But the confusing part is that it looks like it also goes to ignition switch on stock harness?

Black wire comes from the ignition switch to fuse box. Red is to the switch

Back
Top Bottom