What carbs are these

doc_rot

Oh the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
I’m working on a CL360 for a guy trying to get it on the road. It came with these Mikuni carbs. I’m not sure what they are. Can anybody point me to info on tuning these carbs? Also any advice on a 2>1 throttle cable would be great. This one is too long and is binding.

Attachments

• 7AE6249F-0B7F-478E-B23E-FB45EB4192CC.jpeg
    7AE6249F-0B7F-478E-B23E-FB45EB4192CC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 175
  • 899EA7FB-137B-42A4-BD6E-12C031515522.jpeg
    899EA7FB-137B-42A4-BD6E-12C031515522.jpeg
    760 KB · Views: 165
They are Mikuni, probably 34mm and probably from a TD3 - IF they are 34mm.

On the front of the choke plunger housing there should be two lines of numbers/letters. If you can read them, that will tell us what the bodies are from.

If they are as big as 34 they are way too big for a street bike. It might be useful to strip and clean then anyway and to ascertain what jets and needles are fitted. On of teh shops that sells big bore Mikuni kits for RD350/400 Yamahas (Economycycle.com for example) or as aftermarket for Hondas etc such as DCC or SUDCO should be able to supply a suitable cable. You may have to shorten it.

As these are rather prominent, there's a ready-made 2in1 throttle cable from a few sources. I suppose Dimecity-cycles and other such vendors should have them in stock, maybe even Nichecycle. (I am absolutely sure I saw it in the webshop of one of those two...)

Definitely VM. For a 360, they should be 28mm. Anything bigger is too big. Places like DCC will sell 32mm as a kit for them, but 32mm is too big. I even run the 28's on a 378 bore. I've had decent luck with 30's, but even 30 is too big, imo. Should have a 2.5 slide, iirc. Pull those elbows and replace with the short straight adjusters on the cap of the carb. I run those same 2-into-1 on the Mikuni setups for my 360s but not with those elbows. It should shorten them to a better length.

110321-Mikuni-Cable-Adjuster.png

thanks guys, I have ordered a cut to length cable. Haven't had a chance to dig into them yet to see what size they are. How do you sync these carbs? there is no vacuum port on the carb or boot.

you have to have some slack at the cable on top and you need to make sure both slides lift at exactly the same time

look u edelbrock unisyn gauge that will work

if you have dual exhaust set the idle so both exhaust streams push the same

once you have slide lift adjusted you can get it real close with a non contact infa red thermometer get the exhaust within 20 degrees or better you are synced

Back
Top Bottom