85 SR250 quick & low budget brat

photo1wg.jpg
photo2yt.jpg

Fitted the seat that I grabbed from motolanna, just had to drill two 6.5mm holes through the centre of the frame. Just slightly pinched in the seat to align the threads in the bottom. Fits quite well, and snug to the tank.

photo4ow.jpg
photo3zg.jpg

Fork gaitors I grabbed from Motolanna too.

prettymuchdone.jpg

Rear fender mounted along with indicators and rear tail light. The plan is to eventually cut down the rear of the frame and fab a tail loop to follow the curve of the seat, I will relocate the rear indicators to the fork mounts. Really happy with how she sounds too. :)

pity about the butt ugly number plates we have here, mine has accidentaly been cut down where it 'cracked' about 1cm down right across the top...maybe paint it black and white and see if anyone notices........

spotty said:
pity about the butt ugly number plates we have here, mine has accidentaly been cut down where it 'cracked' about 1cm down right across the top...maybe paint it black and white and see if anyone notices........
Very true sir, and good idea. I was going to use one of those cylindrical rego holders for the sticker but really don't want to get booked, its abit of a grey area in Victoria im told.

haven't heard of anyone getting done for the rego sticker holder but i suppose it depends on the copper that pulls you, get a bad one and he'll find something, also depends on what he's pulled you for, you're less likely to get done for excessive speed than i am for instance
i'd paint my plate but the bikes just turned 25 y.o. so its going on classic reg, $120 for 90 days a year is a pretty damn good deal, even if you do get a red/wht plate

spotty said:
haven't heard of anyone getting done for the rego sticker holder but i suppose it depends on the copper that pulls you, get a bad one and he'll find something, also depends on what he's pulled you for, you're less likely to get done for excessive speed than i am for instance
i'd paint my plate but the bikes just turned 25 y.o. so its going on classic reg, $120 for 90 days a year is a pretty damn good deal, even if you do get a red/wht plate

Very true, and yer I doubt that ill ever get done for speeding on this. Ill be happy if I get a chance to hit 110kmh :p

I didn't even think of the classic rego at the time I had it done. I will be looking into it for sure.

it has to be 25 y.o (ie 88 or older) to qualify and you have to join a club that does club regos, i'm joining the BSA club cos i've got a C11 250 (in enough pieces to be safe) so i figured i'd go with them. check the vicroads site, they have a full list with contact details

Damn! I barely blinked and you got that entire build posted up here!

Beautiful build my friend, gives me hope that this scrawny little 250 of mine can shave off some of it's ugliness... cheers!

By the way- did you change anything with the tank mounts to lower its angle? Or did lowering the fork stance take care of that?

bud. said:
By the way- did you change anything with the tank mounts to lower its angle? Or did lowering the fork stance take care of that?

Thanks Bud, yer I just put together a bit of a speed post, very basic stuff. I didn't do anything too dramatic to the bike just got rid of some guff and replaced a bit. Still need to get a tail loop or at least weld a cross brace.

I didn't change the tank mounts, just moved the forks up about 30mm or so, I was surprised how much better it looks. If I had a totally flat seat I would definitely consider doing it. I am quite happy with the lines, for now :)

Cheers mate.

DesmoBro said:
Any idea where I can find a link to the Factory Service Manual or a wiring diagram?

Hey Desmo,

I found http://sr250.blogspot.com.au to be quite helpful for both.

awesome build for a winter project!

Where did you get those grips? I am really digging them.

sphynx88 said:
awesome build for a winter project!

Where did you get those grips? I am really digging them.
Hi sphynx,
Thanks mate, a quick summer build for me :p I'm in Australia.

The grips were on the bike when I picked it up. I just cut them down to fit the bar end mirrors. They are similar to these: http://compare.ebay.com.au/like/230778686190?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes

Nice work Brovok. This has given me a few ideas for my Sr250. I think I might use your battery box idea.

Hey brovok- how's that 250 running? I've referred back to your thread a good amount over the last couple months working on mine... great inspiration and great ideas man!

I wanted to ask you about that shorty rev cone exhaust you've got on there... it looks like a 17"? I just put a 12" shorty hot dog on my 250 and it's obnoxiously loud. How's yours sound? I like the shorter sizing and would like to switch to a similar 17" shorty rev cone like yours, but I'm wondering if it'll still be almost as loud as the shorty 12. What do you think?

Hi and sorry to jump in in an old post, but apart from taking a lot of inspiration and practical info for my current build, I'm puzzled about the speedo. Which ratio is the one you put on? I cant find any reliable info on the correct ratio for the sr250 anywhere...

Back
Top Bottom