XS1100 Bob concept

CrescentSon said:
That would be profiling, and profiling is wrong. Besides we like to be called pig, bacon patty, or pork wagon.

HA! How about we just go with....."Pork Product"?

I've met good and bad eggs from all walks...cops included. You're not one of those bored cops that just looks for a reason are you? Not a cop because you got picked on in school? Somehow I doubt it....I'm sure you're in the top few percentile of "Not Dickhead Stormtroopers"....right?

Besides.....something tells me you're not all that porky.... :-*

Not much changed with this. Been riding instead of wrenching. Plus work on my brother-in-laws scoot. But I did mount the midnight exhaust on her.

Went from this:
DSC00089.jpg

To this:
DSC00102.jpg

Plan this winter is to bob that front fender and strip and paint the fender, side panels, and tank. After that I'm considering putting pod filters on it, but that's up in the air for now.
I'm considering an emgo Viper fairing. I'd love to see one on my bike before I decide, but that's not frikkin likely :) Maybe I can find somone with one and park near them or something.
http://www.economycycle.com/servlet/the-377/EMGO-VIPER-FAIRING/Detail

Ok...speedy, crap photochop. Sorry only one cup of coffee this morning..
fixmobile.jpg

It's the closest I could find to your steering angle in the pic, I also stretched the rear 'fender' a little for proportion. I really dig this, you should go for it!

Nice progress!! I like the shorter muffler, the tiny rear fender and how the bike is coming along in general.

The headlight fairing?!? Meh... not my taste but it's not my bike. Glad you're having fun!!! Keep the shiny side up

Well shit. Just saw a pic of a bike very close to mine with that fairing....and I don't like it.
http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30222

I don't like how far forward it sits. Like it's floating there. I'll have to figure something else out. I just really hate that big ole gauge cluster sitting there.

nice work man! Are you a member at XS11.com? I can't remember if I have seen you over there or not.

If you are looking to minimize the gauge profile, lower the headlight a little, and then flatten the gauge cluster down. Looks waayyy cooler on my 11.

Somehow i missed this thread til now.

I like the photoshopped fairing, but it could use a little trimming IMO. Fix, i have one of those fairings if you want it. Be warned though, there's a little crack in the screen and it's been cut a little bit.
Bike's lookin good though!

t71ford said:
nice work man! Are you a member at XS11.com? I can't remember if I have seen you over there or not.

If you are looking to minimize the gauge profile, lower the headlight a little, and then flatten the gauge cluster down. Looks waayyy cooler on my 11.

Yup, been over there for a while. I set up the new member map. I'll check out lowering the cluster. Thanks for the tip!

Rich, If you're not using it, send me a PM and let me know what you want for it. Thanks!

Today is airbox and carb surgery!

As it sat.
DSC00108.jpg

That whole assembly is a fat pig. But it's out now.
DSC00109.jpg

Here's the carb rack before disassembly. I have no idea how bad they are inside.
DSC00110.jpg

Here's the plan, pod filters mounted on the velocity stacks from the stock airbox.

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

Argh, sonofabitch. I don't think these carbs have EVER been apart. I stripped the heads on 7 fucking screws on the top of the rack. I've gotta get the last of the gass of them before I cut a slot in them to try and get them out. This is the part of working on bikes I hate.

Slotting them worked. I have to admit, these are the cleanest carbs I've ever opened. I expected them to be really glazed at a minimum.

DSC00116.jpg

looks great. I prefer it without the photoshopped front faring, but whavtever floats your boat with that. It just looks chunky and mean!

Fix, I was going through the same sort of thing dismantling my carbs. When the first screw started to look like it was going to strip I stopped. My father has an impact driver. Don't know if you are familiar with them, but it takes sockets and screwdriver bits. You hit it with a hammer. It works absolutely amazing for removing bolts like these. The impact of the hammer makes the driver bit seated really firmly as the bit also turns. I think it turns about 1/8 of a turn per hit. Either way it saved my ass. I'm not sure what part of the world you are in but where I am at in Ontario you can buy the impact drivers from Canadian Tire or Princess Auto.

Cheers,

Meatface
50320677.jpg

Thanks Meatface! I'm not far from Detroit, so if I can't find something on this side of the river I could always make a trip to Windsor. Thanks again!

It's kinda cool what a few minutes with a dremel can do to carb parts.

DSC00120.jpg

Need to hit the hardware store for a new buffer for the dremel. This one is pretty janky.

Back
Top Bottom