Air leak she ran... no leak she won't start?

JonnyLong

THIS, is what god looks like.
I can not get her started!

Today I replaced the seals and remounted my carbs. Before I had them off I had a loud air leak when she was running, now that the air leak has been fixed...

She will not start.....

Anyone had this problem? Maybe you can shine some light on the problem. I thought she was going to be running today :(

Sent using Tapatalk

Don't know that your bike is or what carbs you're running, but I've had that happen. Had to adjust the pilot screw to allow more air into the mix. If you adjust the pilot screw make sure to just go a half turn at a time. Also if it is a slide valve you may want to adjust it open slightly. Just a guess though...

Did you disconnect the carbs from fuel? Petcock is open? (I know this is a retarded question, BUT...)

"Burnin' oil and smellin' royal!"

How clean is your air filter? I don't know what kind of choke a cb360 has, but older carbs just had a plate to block air from going into the carbs.

And for future reference, you'll get more answers to questions in the 1800 cafe help section.

I tried just starting it without filters. Cus I thought that they where dirty...

I don't know where to start with the tune.

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk

Well, what carbs and what bike? any more details on what you did between it running and not running?

1976 cb360
original carbs just rebuilt
had it running then i fixed the air leak today and now she is not running.

if you had an air leak, your air screws would be turned way in to compensate, so you fixed the leak, and so you need to add air back in the way intended, the air mixture screws, reset them to factory specs and try again, then open them in or close them out to get the idle right.

Cheers,

I wrapped the plug wires with electrical tape and got new plugs. She started right up!

It wasn't leaking any oil... I fixed that...
But today just putting around the block she got really hot (like fry an egg hot) and wouldn't start after I shut her down for about 5 mins.
Also oil began to leak from the bottom of the crank case again.....

what would cause this?

Sent using Tapatalk

d03620ff-2187-5316.jpg

The bike I've been working on.

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk

Maybe a lean fuel mixture condition. Are your plugs stock number or hotter?

Plugs are stock number.
I'm sure that it is tuned wrong...
Can you tell me / show me what I need so that I can tune this correctly.
Do I need a vacume gauge?

You probably won't need a vacuum syncronizer. I don't know the carbs on your bike, but google "mikuni super tuning" and you'll find a pdf of the manual. It should tell you everything you need to know, your screws may not be where the manual shows, but you should be able to figure out which is which. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

Back
Top Bottom