JUNE 2013 - DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - NOMINATIONS

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Here are the Nomination Rules:

1. Nominate one of our members' bikes for Bike of the Month - include up to 3 flattering pictures of the bike in question. This is an opportunity to recognize someone who's bike has inspired you. So please don't nominate your own bike - make sure you have a well detailed build thread, post up in the Show n Shine area etc. and if enough people like your bike, someone will nominate it and maybe you'll see it as our banner in an upcoming month!

The Nomination MUST be accompanied by the member's User Name, a link to the thread where their bike is best described (Build thread, Show n Shine etc.) and a PHOTO of the bike in question.

2. Someone seconds the nomination (please only second one nomination)

3. Member MUST accept the nomination - If you're nominating a bike, make sure you're in contact with the owner, that they want the bike included and they accept the nomination. The Nominee should provide some back-story on the project, especially if there is a limited build thread already in place.

4. Bike must be in running roadworthy condition - no basket cases. I know our bikes are never really 'finished' but it should be on the road and roadworthy.

5. If a bike has been nominated and participated in the previous month's contest it should not be included in the current month's contest. Skip a month and nominate in a subsequent month.

6. Bikes that have won in prior contests should not be included unless they have been modified significantly.

We will accept nominations for a few days till we have a good selection to a limit of 5 bikes per contest.

A poll will be set up and voting will take place for a week or so depending on timing. Whoever ends the voting period with the most votes wins :D

Ultimately the voters will decide!

As a reward, we will use a picture of the winner's bike on the site banner for the following month.

Thanks it kills me, but i cant mabie next month. its not finished

Hip's CB250 Brat Tracker:
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=41776.100

5459_346271798806954_2010455374_n_zpsacc14726.jpg

cb-4441_zps4b8ba004.jpg

cb-4446_zps0917fbbc.jpg

I nominate Swan's BSA Gold Star. I could go on and on about why, but I think looking through his build thread would be better. He's meticulous, neat, and did everything right with this build.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=20929.645

Definitely have to second the nomination of Swan's BSA Gold Star. I'm lucky enough to regularly see it in person... Moving or not, it's the kind of bike that just makes you stare.

Texasstar and Son's CB200 "L ucky". Beautiful machine and inspiring F/S project. Best family time I've heard of in awhile!

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=45872.msg545891#msg545891

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 323
Ahh crap, swans bike and the coolest little CB200 ever. Can we just call it a tie this month and put both on the banner? I don't want to have to choose as I followed and love both of those builds.

Oh boy... voting is going to be tight like engine bolt after 45 years of sitting outside in New England! All amazing bikes!

OK - we have 3 bikes all seconded, but near as I can tell none of the nominees have 'accepted' their nominations. If you nominated a bike, reach out to the owner and get them in here to accept.

I'll fire up a voting thread in the next day or so. Nominations are OPEN until then.

I humbly accept the nomination and will post some before and images later. Thanks!

Here a few before and after images. Thank you all for the encouragement, compliments, motivation and patience during this l-o-n-g build thread. All the money and countless hours restoring this beast mean nothing now that I am riding it. I am so damn lucky to have found such a rare bike and I still cannot believe this is really my bike. She is so smooth, fast, handles great and sounds simply amazing.

IMG_6782-Version2.jpg
[/URL]

Hi this is Zeke texasstars son. I just wanted to say thank you cookie and junior for nominating us for bike of the month. Swan my dad and I are big fans of BSA and truly admire your bike.Your bike is very pretty and wish the best for you and your bike this month. Also brattracker your bike is very cool and wish you best also. Dtt we accept the nomination. Also our ultimate goal is to do the ton.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,047
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 693
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 731
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 747
Texasstar said:
Hi this is Zeke texasstars son. I just wanted to say thank you cookie and junior for nominating us for bike of the month. Swan my dad and I are big fans of BSA and truly admire your bike.Your bike is very pretty and wish the best for you and your bike this month. Also brattracker your bike is very cool and wish you best also. Dtt we accept the nomination. Also our ultimate goal is to do the ton.

Now THAT'S sportsmanship!

Zeke was clearly raised right.

Nominations CLOSED - voting thread coming.

WHAT?!?! No Triples this month?? :eek: I'm outta here!! :mad:

(killer group... should be a battle to the wire! :D )

Back
Top Bottom