JUNE 2013 - DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - VOTING

Vote!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Re: JUNE 2013 - DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - VOTING

Rich Ard said:
I was with you until this one and you kind of lost me
it is a Texas colloquialism... :) it means really happy :)shwinggg

A big Texas standing ovation for Swan and his beautiful BSA!!! Hip we take our hats off to you as well! Thank you to everyone that voted for Lucky we consider it an honor.

Wow, thank you everyone! We need to skip a month before we can nominate Texasstar and Zeke's bike again.

This build thread was L-O-N-G and thanks again to all the DTT members along the way who stuck it out to completion, it was quite a ride. I am not a show bike kind of guy, have never been to a motorcycle show and have no desire to do so. For me, bikes are for riding and I am riding my Goldie every chance I get. Last night I rode home through light rain after a 15 hour day of work, with a dim 6 volt lighting system, mediocre brakes and thought about the original cafe racers racing the through the wet and dark streets of England. I gained a new respect for them, because without them, none of us would be building or riding the cafe bikes we are riding today. The BSA Gold Star was the dream of many riders back in the day and a bike I've always wanted. Believe the hype, it is a wolf in wolf's clothing, fast and handles well. I was happy to share my dream with all of you and I hope "someday" soon you all find the bike you have always wanted too.

Thanks again, get busy building, wrenching and riding!
Swan

Texasstar said:
Dutch top 10 reasons you should vote for us:
1. We baked our tank in mom's oven while she was shopping...and sent her a picture.
2. Our paint job is rattle can.
3. We cleaned our carbs in moms crock pot.
4. We made a red neck parts cleaner out of a sander, duct tape. And a bucket.
5. We can light off fire works with a capacitor.
6. Your name is Dutch and we are Dutch.
7. Those Aussies are sticking together... So should we.
8. Lucky makes people as happy as a two peckered dog.
9. We survived, "WHERE IS MY COLLENDER!"
10. Zeke is 10 wants to make Marvel Mystery Oil and diesel into a cologne...oh and he can sing Leonard Cohens Hallelujah like Blake Shelton and we had many firsts...rebuilding carbs, tearing an engine apart, putting it back together, and had tons of fun.

LOL. You guys should be in marketing. Talk about silver tongued! Those are superb reasons to vote for you guys... But they're not reasons to NOT vote for either of the other bikes.

Anyway, it's not up to me who wins. I only have one vote. ... I'm just going to run a feature on the winner on the Bike Shed. (Which doesn't mean I won't feature the any runners up too).

All the bikes are worthy winners, that's why you're all contenders... And I love your bike too.

However we have a winner and it's well deserved!

Swan, we salute you, and are ready to feature your build on the Bike Shed!

(PM Sent)

swan said:
Wow, thank you everyone! We need to skip a month before we can nominate Texasstar and Zeke's bike again.

This build thread was L-O-N-G and thanks again to all the DTT members along the way who stuck it out to completion, it was quite a ride. I am not a show bike kind of guy, have never been to a motorcycle show and have no desire to do so. For me, bikes are for riding and I am riding my Goldie every chance I get. Last night I rode home through light rain after a 15 hour day of work, with a dim 6 volt lighting system, mediocre brakes and thought about the original cafe racers racing the through the wet and dark streets of England. I gained a new respect for them, because without them, none of us would be building or riding the cafe bikes we are riding today. The BSA Gold Star was the dream of many riders back in the day and a bike I've always wanted. Believe the hype, it is a wolf in wolf's clothing, fast and handles well. I was happy to share my dream with all of you and I hope "someday" soon you all find the bike you have always wanted too.

Thanks again, get busy building, wrenching and riding!
Swan

Swan; I admire you and I admire your work. Thats all I need to say.
Congrats man! I mean it

Yup... all deserving bikes and quality builders!! 8)

Congrats Swan!! Well done!! :D

Thanks everyone for the votes and kind words!

Work has slowed down to a normal pace, summer is here, the rain has stopped, the sun is shining and I have been riding every chance I get. I hope you are too.

My plan is to ride and do maintenance on my Triton and Goldie this summer, sell my Honda CB400F's and wait patiently to find another project to start this fall. I would love to build a BSA A10 Super Rocket, 1965 or 66 Triumph TR6 Tiger or 74 Norton Commando.

Gotta vote for the 250 Brat Tracker. Looks nice but also looks like it can deliver. Simple yet able.

Duke at the Bike Shed did a nice article my bike and a shout out to DTT. Thank you!
http://thebikeshed.cc/2013/06/18/jon-swans-bsa/

Back
Top Bottom