76 CB360, Cherry Bomb at Barber's

Re: UPDATES MADE - SWING ARM STRETCH, 76 CB360, How do you like it??? before & after

get a red lens for headlight to make it flow a little to the front top and i think it would be bad ass my 2 cents

Re: UPDATES MADE - SWING ARM STRETCH, 76 CB360, How do you like it??? before & after

I like the stretch!!! I also did 4 inches on the front of my stock swinger (I had it done, not me) and everybody always makes fun of it. I love it!!!

Yah, I know, I am post whore with photos. ;)

003-20.jpg

I love the stretch and the Firestone tires, Looks Good!!!!!!!!
I have a 4"stretched swing arm in stock and cb360 on the back burnner.
I do have cl360.

Re: Tarozzi bars Update - SWING ARM STRETCH, 76 CB360, before & after

Added Tarozzi high rise bars. I had to use high rise cause my old forks are tapered. Lowered the gauges flush w triple tree. lowered headlight. removed fork boots.

11494-250917050520-276615.jpeg

Ill be sure to wear my fire suit !!!
I had a productive morning. I got the tank sanded and fresh coat of paint sprayed, sticking vinyl badges in morning (need to psyc myself up for sticking the stickers...I hate that. I had my boy print me 8 of them. to up the odds of getting two straight and without bubbles or wrinkles!!!) Then just waiting for clear coat to arrive. fenders are primed. paint in the morning. NEW carb manifolds are on. gonna stick carbs back on this eve. Hazah! Hazah! Hazah!
Do you use anything on the manifold gaskets? The originals were dry without any sealer. Im gonna put them on dry again. No scraping or cussing sure makes it nice to disassemble.

I've never used anything on the carb boots, they should fit tightly enough to avoid any air leaks. One thing you CAN do is heat the carb boots up a little with a blow dryer. This will make them softer, making the install less of a pain in the neck.

Thanks

Got my vinyl stuck without bubbles or wrinkles and pretty darn straight...still need to clearcoat and finish fenders. The weather is so nice today I went ahead and threw it together so I could go for a ride.
11494-250917050520-27672264.jpeg

11494-250917050521-27681951.jpeg

Re: Improved carbs new mufflers, 76 CB360, before & after

11494-250917050521-2769395.jpeg

New pipes made a huge difference in performance. And since PJ Improved the carbs the thing runs super. Like a little 360 animal. I can blast through rpms in all gears and accelerate 60 -80 nice and smooth in 6th gear. never been over 85 on her...lol, I am gettin to old for that crap. no more coughing choking bull shit. I want to say thanks PJ. Your work, help and patience are amazing !
still need to get some paint on those damned fenders and I will be done turning wrenches on her for a while. Im just ready to ride.

Re: improved carbs new mufflers 76 CB360, before & after

Did I miss it, where did you get the mufflers? They look good but are they overly loud?

got mufflers at JC Whitney. They are as loud as I am willing to stand. Not near as loud as open headers. I didnt want a loud bike. I loved my 24 inch trumpets. really quiet. But WAY to much restriction. The bike always ran super rich. so, I was forced to go w these little glass packs. They do sound great. deep and Throaty...louder yes.

$7.00 cheap chinese pods, ebay, straight from Hong Kong. free shipping. 50mm

They work ok for you? I've seen a lot of people run them so i assume they must be decent. I ordered 2 48mm ones for 20 bucks to give em a try.

What jets are you runnin in the carbs? I rejetted my carbs with the 105 jets for the pod filters, that sound right?

right now mine are going a little lean above 7000 rpm w 112s. going bigger as soon as mailman arrives .

Absolutly love the 4" stretch. In fact, I like the bike as a whole. You took red paint and made it work out real well on that bike. Myself......I would never think of doing a red engine. Now....I like it. Looks old school hot rodish.

Nice work!

thanks bud. That means alot coming from a guy who does nice work of his own.

trek97 said:
right now mine are going a little lean above 7000 rpm w 112s. going bigger as soon as mailman arrives .

i'm kinda a noob to bikes... are the lower jet numbers mean they're bigger jets?

I am also new to bikes. This 360 is the first and only bike ive had...it will also be my last. LOL. I have got one hell of an education since I bought her. Trial by Fire.

Atleast with Keihin jets. The jet sizes are actually in mm...i.e. a 100 is 1.00 mm, a 110 is 1.10 mm. so your answer is the larger the number the larger the jet. crazyPJ learnt me that.

white stuff on the wall behind....?

Back
Top Bottom