Now called Bender the Tracker whatever thing that was once a Transalp.

Re: The Zombie Slayer Tracker whatever thing that was once a Transalp.

How to get ya seat to bounce. Used some springs out of a bicycle seat to give the Biltwell solo seat some up and down.

1024xDSC_0015.jpg

1024xDSC_0016.jpg

1024xDSC_0026.jpg

900xDSC_0013.jpg

I did some refining on the Zeke the last few days. Not that much on this bike is refined. Its more like a creation from Wacky Races. Thats why II love it so much.

Moved the speedo off the bit of sheetmetal it was mounted to. Used an old Honda handlebar clamp/fuse holder. Bit of perforated metal. Done. Cleans up all those wires too.

Fitted a late model Transalp CDI box holder. This lays these down and gets the connectors away from touching the seat. Not that is a real problem now with a sprung seat.

I hope to have stopped the fuel coming out of the filler hole and past the petrol cap. Used an old Suzuki cap. This should have a better seal. Maybe no more fuel dribbles down the sides of the tank.

Removed old brown bag off the back. Pillion pad and pillion pegs fitted.

pizap.com14704468803381.jpg

1024xDSC_0054.jpg

1024xDSC_0049.jpg

"I love the night life. I love to..."

1024xDSC_0076.jpg

1024xDSC_0078.jpg

1024xDSC_0084.jpg

Square headlight off Yammie XJ750 that had been on my old R80 now fitted. Bit Benderish looking now.

1024xDSC_0028.jpg

1024xDSC_0037.jpg

That bike has more character than all of Hollywood. I'm in to see where she goes from here.

hooligan998 said:
That bike has more character than all of Hollywood. I'm in to see where she goes from here.

Cheers mate. I have further plans for it but they are a way off in the future. Like a hand made fuel tank.

I was really diggin' that single offset round headlight.

Yes its officially called Bender now.

Took the seat that came with Bender the ZS. Cut down both the foam and the seat base. Carved the foam with an electric knife then a sanding wheel on my angle grinder. Wrapped the foam in plastic. Drilled lots of holes in base and leather. Used rivets with washers to attached leather. Now how a Brat Style seat that is comfy.
Finish it up tomorrow and do better photos.

old%2Bto%2Bnew.jpg

Finished up the slimmer seat.
Logo added to seat.
Stripped of grab rail.
Heat guard refitted to headers/exhaust. Made from stove pipe guard.
Bit of a the day I got it and today.
Homage to Bender added.

1024xDSC_0028.jpg

1024xDSC_0032.jpg

1024xDSC_0038.jpg

1024xDSC_0040.jpg

1024xDSC_0041.jpg

then%2BNow.jpg

Awesome! Mad maxis apocalyptic vibe ;D I have worked on modifying a Transalp as well. Not the easiest of bikes to begin with. But the nice and light and semi grunty v-twin is fun.

JadusMotorcycleParts said:
Awesome! Mad maxis apocalyptic vibe ;D I have worked on modifying a Transalp as well. Not the easiest of bikes to begin with. But the nice and light and semi grunty v-twin is fun.

I love the engine in this bike.

That frame does make body work mods hard.

Went to Woolies to do shopping. Came home with 2 new sidecovers from Woolies. Bashing and cutting and they are fitted.

1024xDSC_0005.jpg

Great privilege to have Pete from Throttle Roll do a photo shot of my Transalp Bender and write up. Brilliant photos Pete.

https://www.throttleroll.com/bender-1987-honda-xl600v-transalp/

Honda-_XL600V_Translap-19-550x825.jpg

Bender now has a bit of Mother Russia. In a sea of custom bikes that use 30cal and 50cal ammo boxes as panniers I use a WWII Maxim Machine Gun ammo box. This box came from Latvia and the eBay seller claims the items he sells come off WWII battlefields. Did it? I don't know. I don't care. Its super cool.

Now to make some mounts for it.

1024xDSC_0001.jpg

1024xDSC_0002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom