CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)

Re: CB360 Hear No Evil & Speak No Evil- New pics -sorta finished one

Sorry PJ, I had to catch up a little bit. Everything is looking great though! Any concerns about the top end oiling issues that are prevalent with the 360's? I'm pretty sure you did some work for that.....I'm just forgetting at the moment.

Your cylinder work reminded me: the guys that I work with that run the drills are called "boring operators" as well.

Hi Rich, yep, even with minor oiling mods I'm a bit concerned.
going to get external oil line mod done when I'm able to use left arm, got a brace from shoulder to wrist, the second op really was pretty major, uncomfortable even with painkillers (which is why I'm typing at 3;37am :( )
I've added some Lucas oils 'Oil stabiliser' to increase the ZDDP level plus running full synthetic in the 378.
Wife took me to pick up more new bits today, can get second one finished when my arm heals up
Morenewstuff-2.jpg

New drive chain, Goodridge pressure switch for front brake and a couple of carb re-build kits (only really needed shut off valves) got some more secondary main jets but they ain't in the pic.
Also got a pair of Bridgestone Battleax tyres, 90/90x18 front and a 110/90x18 rear
Morenewstuff-1.jpg

Man, that sucks. Hope it heals up quickly......did the docs give any ideas on a timeline?

I've heard a lot of good things about the Battle Axe tires.

Oop's, forgot to put second vid in ::)
First bike I pass is a Triumph Thruxton, but it's new and not broke in yet Second is slightly modded 360, then another Triumph (Bonneville?)

Bendz-1.MP4

Sho is flat around our part of fl...

Only place to get ahold of shut offs is the rebuild kit? i was looking for them on their own and didnt find them.. more money than i wanted to spend seeing as they are all i need as well.. ughh.

the 110s getting mounted to the alu wider rims?

Look like it's hunting a bit, how's the suspension set up? Or was that a rough road?
Sounds solid!
(I gotta quick drinking coffee in the afternoons...)
What are you thoughts on those shocks, post rework? I've yet to do anything with this other pair other than take a few measurements. Have you settled on a reservoir pressure that works for your setup? I've talked to a couple guys, one's running them on a 550 Zephyr with 5.5oz of 20wt and 70psi, the other kat's on an SR500 and he said for his bike 15wt and 90psi work(didn't remember volume). Thoughts?

Road is a bit rough at start of vid, tarmac don't work so well on top of sand, damp spot and a heayy truck it collapses pretty quick.
Helmet mounted cam, I'm always looking around to see whats likely t run into me ;D
I can't find the fork mounting I made for camera, will make another one before I go riding (got a couple of months :( )
That will give a much better idea of my riding style :eek:
Just went back and watched vid, around 54~55 sec you see top of master cyl, it looks 'level but it's actually quite well leaned over

It also occurs, that bunged up claw might make things 'interesting'.....does it bug you much whilst riding? Last caffeine induced question for now....
As i said before it sounds solid, how high are you running the RPMs?

Can't ride at all at present, haven't ridden since before surgery on 8th June.
The motor has been up to 11,500 rpm on dyno, lighter pistons means less stress on big ends and rods
Points 'bounce' acts as a rev limiter with stock ignition so I'm leaving the points in there
Probably only revving to 8~9,000, not running out through the gears.
I haven't modified clutch on this motor, it slips if I rev it too high 8)
Extra 22cc makes way more difference than anyone expects (see Brendon's comments ;) )

saweeet.... get some barnett clutch plates and make those slip ;)

Rocan said:
saweeet.... get some barnett clutch plates and make those slip ;)

They will with stock springs ;)

crazypj said:
They will with stock springs ;)

no cheating! if you make the barnett clutch springs slip with non-stock stronger springs, (AND NO, YOU CAN'T USE SYNTHETIC OIL) I will buy you a set of clutch plates for the other bike ;)

and this is with the clutch fully dis-engaged, no cheating and adjusting it so its slightly engaged. :)

What is this external oil line mod you speak of? 8)

Pretty sure stock plates are going to work OK with Boretech 350 springs?
I fitted heavy duty springs to my 591c '550 F1' around 6~7,000 miles and never changed plates in 106,000 miles (I'm not heavy on clutches, I am heavy on brakes and tyres though ::) )
Going to have to wait a while to find out though
The oil line mod isn't completed yet.
The gun drilled cam and clutch cover/cam cover mods are pictured earlier in build, just haven't figured out if I'm going to use a hard line or braided/teflon line.

crazyp what did u pay for your bridgestones?

Sorry, don't remember, I'll have to find receipt.
I ordered a lot of stuff for 3 bikes, (3 sets of tyres, wanted to try different manufactures) but ended up getting 3/4 of my cash back because stuff was out of stock (Parts Unlimited)
I wanted Conti 'GO' but they were going to be over $200.00 a pair 90/90 F, 110/90 R)
I guess first pair of Conti's was a lot cheaper because Conti were trying to get 'market exposure'?

As site wasn't available for last few days, I finally got round to finishing off brake pedal.
Still need to make a new link bar, the original stuff was made real quick so I could go to Dime City opening and after that I was just riding it 8)
Also took a pic of Moto-Guzzi brake pedal I was making, the original is cast magnesium alloy and very light, but, also very easily broken,(and costs over $300.00, yep three hundred not a miss-print)
Brakepedals-2.jpg

holy crap. those must be light. do they flex at all?

crazypj said:
Sorry, don't remember, I'll have to find receipt.
I ordered a lot of stuff for 3 bikes, (3 sets of tyres, wanted to try different manufactures) but ended up getting 3/4 of my cash back because stuff was out of stock (Parts Unlimited)
I wanted Conti 'GO' but they were going to be over $200.00 a pair 90/90 F, 110/90 R)
I guess first pair of Conti's was a lot cheaper because Conti were trying to get 'market exposure'?

Hey dont you need a buisness liscence to order from parts unlimited?

Back
Top Bottom