CB750 wheel swap to GPZ 750 mags - where is the thread for this?

Mr.E

Got to keep the loonies on the path...
Ok, Ive been doing the search for a while now on here (because I know it exists) there was a thread a long time ago about a guy building a cb750 and using gpz750 mags (19" front, 18" rear"). Ive got the front sorted no problem. But what Im interested in is the rear bearings. I know the stock kawasaki rear axle was smaller diameter than the cb750, so I need to get a proper set of bearings for my axle, to the kawasaki mag. I know this is done, I have seen it. Spacing of the wheel doesnt phase me either, I can get that sorted. Im just to anxious right now to keep waiting on a response from allballs on a bearing conversion. So, anyone know where this thread could be?

thanks all

Hey E, if you have a nice caliper, just get the outside bearing diameter for the kawasaki wheel, the inside bearing diameter will be the cb750 axle, and then the bearing thickness from the kaw and order ya one up. I bet all balls even has them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Kanticoy said:
Hey E, if you have a nice caliper, just get the outside bearing diameter for the kawasaki wheel, the inside bearing diameter will be the cb750 axle, and then the bearing thickness from the kaw and order ya one up. I bet all balls even has them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I do have some good calipers, I figured ill just take the mcmaster carr book home tonight I think. Allballs hasn't replied yet, and mcmaster carr never lets me down. I just recieved the rear wheel last night so I can finally get some good numbers..

I know this is an old thread...but thought i would try anyways. Did you get this figured out? Looking to do a similar swap with with GPZ 7 spoke rear on a Cb550.

Not exactly, I kinda just went for it anyways. I bought a gpz750 swingarm and just drilled for the gpz swingarm bolt. Then started looking for a front end to match the gpz front wheel and get neck bearings. I ended up trading the project on to Deviant here a while back. Got busy machining parts for people and less time for bikes. Deviant gas a thread going on the bike, you may wanna look it up. Imho gpz mags look great on sohc Hondas, I wish more ppl did it.

ok cool I will look for that thread. A link would be awesome if you can find it. I agree about the GPZ wheels. looks killer

here it is. Deviant might be swapping back to cb750 front end wheels and changing wheel bearings, not sure. But that's the new thread.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=65061.msg746534;topicseen#new

Back
Top Bottom