Where can i get the cheapest possible motorcycle tires

Hurco550

Keep er' Between the Ditches
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
(Had this posted in the lounge, figured I'd try here too).
Ohhhh I can see the blood pressure rising and the rage building getting ready to furiously teach me a lesson at the expense of your computer keyboards. Hear me out first. My father and I have been working on a horseless carriage project (old car replica) for a while now and have decided that we are probably going to use motorcycle wheels. We will actually be using 4 Honda spoked front wheels for the project. Until now we have been using utility cart wheels but they just will not hold up much longer, due to the use of a heavy hit and miss engine in the back. It uses a jack shaft running to two sprockets on the back wheels, in which case we will be mounting the sprockets to the front disc mounts. All that said, it will be a very low speed machine (max out at around 15 to 20 mph) and we are looking to not spend a fortune on tires, as we will probably never wear a set out. Does anyone have a source for very cheap mc tires that would be good enough for this application? I believe the size would be 90/90/19's (for the record I am probably going to run Avon Roadriders on my cb550... just to get that out of the way) =)

Here is a picture of the project (kinda older pictures and not very high quality sorry)

Chen Shin if you can still get them were pretty cheap but not bad quality. What I would do would be sign up for Bike bandit and Motorcycle superstore sales flyers and wait for a closeout on tires and grab a set when they hit 80% off, usually tires that are 1.5-2 year old stock. Cool project.

Maritime said:
Chen Shin if you can still get them were pretty cheap but not bad quality. What I would do would be sign up for Bike bandit and Motorcycle superstore sales flyers and wait for a closeout on tires and grab a set when they hit 80% off, usually tires that are 1.5-2 year old stock. Cool project.

I think ill check into that, seems like a really good idea. Ill sign up for them and see if I can find a deal. The cheapest I have found online is around $50 a piece which isn't bad until you buy 4 of them.... And we have had fun with it. It is still not complete and we started building it back in 2002 I think (we know how those projects go right) We just mounted a model t transmission as well as a differential and some better brakes. We had the "going forward" part of the project down pretty early on, but it would also be nice to go in reverse, turn, and stop =) Thanks for the lead

Just go to your local motorcycle shops and buy some used tires.

Thee can be a few pitfalls, but, you couldn't get cheaper than stealing a bike and removing the tyres ;D
What about 'FAT BIKE' bicycle tyres?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/29741123?wmlspartner=wmtlabs&adid=22222222222023482433&veh=sem

The complete bike is pretty cheap so tyres can't be too expensive?

crazypj said:
Thee can be a few pitfalls, but, you couldn't get cheaper than stealing a bike and removing the tyres ;D
What about 'FAT BIKE' bicycle tyres?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/29741123?wmlspartner=wmtlabs&adid=22222222222023482433&veh=sem

The complete bike is pretty cheap so tyres can't be too expensive?

Hmmm i never thought of using those tires, I did see that bike at walmart and almost picked it up. I then thought about all the motorcycle parts i could get for 200 buxx haha

Back
Top Bottom