CB360 rear hub sprocket stud bushings removal

MHDesign

Been Around the Block
Alright - sorry if this has been covered, but I can't seem to find any info...

I plan to powder coat my hubs this week, and have not yet removed the sprocket stud bushings.

A few questions:

1. If I don't remove them (they're in good shape) will they take the heat of the oven when baking the powder coat?

2. If I do remove them, what is the best method? I've heard of people drilling out the metal insert, then peeling / prying the rubber.

My preference is to leave them in, but don't want to compromise the bushings.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
d4747facb7a0905d1161509b3079f050.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you may be able to hydraulic them out i have never seen anybody try it but it is such a simple procedure
fill the cavity with grease use a perfect fitting rod that you can hammer on put it in the hole and smack it

xb33bsa said:
you may be able to hydraulic them out i have never seen anybody try it but it is such a simple procedure
fill the cavity with grease use a perfect fitting rod that you can hammer on put it in the hole and smack it

I read about this method also, but haven't heard anyone say they've done it successfully. Probably worth a shot, as there's no risk of damaging them.

I'd really be interested to also hear your / other's thoughts on just leaving them in for powder coat (I'd mask them).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom