CB350 Oil Leak

neverdnf

I started a topic a couple of days ago about the oil starvation issue that I had with my CB350. Solved that problem after I found that the spring wasn't behind the oil guide in the oil filter cover.

Unfortunately, now I have a bad oil leak on the right hand side where the points/cam block meets the head. Is there anyway to pull this off without tearing into the head again? I obviously need to get behind the points block in order to fix this leak, I just hate to tear it down again if it isn't necessary.

Excruciating to watch:

Keep those handy alen sets with yer handy swiss army knife neither intended for actual use ;D

Never use a razor knife to remove a gasket no no no! BUT the video is slow and explains in detail what you are likely to up for, change the gasket no sticky shit nope none you just don't need it. Replace the seal also for CYA.

Dont forget to readjust cam timing and chain slack :eek:

I would use a bigger pry bar tho ::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhB22J4s0h8

Yeah, that's pretty excruciating. Not sure I learned too much from that video. I guess the moral of the story is to just do what I thought all along...take it off and hope I can get everything back on without engine removal.

Back
Top Bottom