Mystery wheel

Several chopper parts suppliers had wheels like that back in the day but they never caught on.

I figured so, nothing is coming up for this wheel on the internet. I am helping a friend de-chopper his new bike and was wondering where it came from.

Invader mini drum. Heavy as hell, but rad and worth some real cash (in good condition). They made them for British bikes, HDs and CB 750s mostly. Since yours is on a springer fork, you'd have to measure the axle to see what it will bolt up to. Is this on a bike you have?

Believe it's called an Invader. Not really up on my chopper wheel history, so I don't know if Invader was an aftermarket manufacturer and this is their wheel, or if many companies made 'Invader' style wheels.

Ah... Posted at the same time. Let me know how much he wants for those forks if he's not using them.

So by 'de-chopper' do you mean also de-rake the front end? You'd be better off (likely MUCH better off) getting a titled stock CB750 frame to start with. Sell that bike as a vintage authentic 1970's chopper for $3000 and buy a running 1975 or so CB750 (pre 1977) if he's keen on the CB750 or something else.

What style of bike does he want?

That's where this comes into play. No point buying another bike. I have three frames and two complete bikes already. I'm kinda thinking about rebuilding the chopper when this one is done. The chopper needs more work than its worth in the current condition. The only real plus side to it is the tail light.

Yup - that's a classic tail light.

What year frame are you building the bike on? That's a 1977/78 CB750K tank, and the frame is different on that model than earlier ones. If you want to put on one of the mid-70's classic tanks with the chrome gas cap, it won't fit. Just a heads-up. But, the CB750F tank should fit and looks good. All depends what kind of bike you're building.

that thar looks like nicky hayden's tailight :)

tumblr_md0sxrohuU1rod8iso1_1280.jpg

The frame is a 73', that tank is just on there just because. We have a 75' cb750k tank to put on it. Goal for now is just to bring it back to stockish.

Back
Top Bottom