Custom Made Wiring Harnesses

You do amazing work. I was just wondering what to do with mine this winter I will be hitting you up for sure. 82 Kawasaki kz 1000. I want headlight. Tail/brake. Starter. Hidden ignition. Where do you usually put the switch in the harness so i know where it's going to be mounted?

Wherever you want it, man. Traditionally they're under the seat, but lemme know what you're after and we'll make it happen.

CB175 harness completed.
Includes LED conversion, brake strobe, aftermarket R/R and RFID ignition.

Attachments

• DSCF3576.JPG
    DSCF3576.JPG
    440 KB · Views: 1,243
Sonreir said:
I'm happy to tackle the creation of custom wiring jobs for those of you in need. I can also modify existing harnesses to suit your needs. I'll even tackle small jobs like hooking up connectors to aftermarket parts that come with bare wires.

Mainly the harnesses are for the Honda twins (as I know them better than the other bikes that frequent this forum), but I'm happy to take on other projects provided you're able to answer some questions for me as I work through the new harness. I've done harnesses for XS650s, Honda XLs, and several Honda SOHC Fours. I've tackled a couple of Suzuki GSs and some Kawi KZs, too.

Price for a brand new harness, custom made, is $150 and that includes the price of shipping. $50 less if you want to send me your existing harness to customize rather than have a brand new one made (this option not available for Honda harnesses, sorry).

Standard features are as follows:
  • Single inline fuse
  • 18ga wire in factory (or near enough) colors
  • Simplification of wiring routes as able
  • Deletion of any unwanted wiring circuits (horn, signals, starter, etc)
  • Harness trunk is thinned and wrapped in heat shrink for durability and stealth
  • Charging modification which increases alternator output (especially at lower RPMs, applies to PM alternator Honda twins, only)

Optional extras:
  • USB charging port - 1A max current (+$15)
  • LED flasher relay and rewire for indicator light - Prevents crossover commonly occurring when running LED turn signals (+$15)
  • Removal of ignition and replacement with toggle switch (+$10)
  • Inclusion of combination regulator/rectifier (Starts at +$25 for permanent magnet, single phase. Three phase electromagnet are usually around +$80)
  • Battery eliminator - These are hit and miss and depend on the charging system of your actual bike (and not the make/model). Sometimes they work, sometimes they do not. I can walk you through the process of testing prior to making this modification. (+$50)
  • Battery tender connection so that you can easily plug in a battery tender without having to tear half your bike apart at the end of each season (+$10)
  • Brake Strobe - When the brake light comes on, it flashes several times in rapid succession before going steady. A safety feature to help prevent you getting run over by a an SUV driver on his cell phone (+$20)
  • HID Bulb & Ballast - Everything you need for an HID conversion except the headlight housing (+$50)
  • RFID Ignition Switch - RFID proximity key can replace your stock ignition system with an electronic reader that controls power to the bike. All the security of a keyed ignition, but can be hidden from view and activated with a wave of your hand. (+$75)
  • Wiring of aftermarket controls or lights (+$5 per item)
  • Expedited Service* (+$50)

DIY KIT ($100):
  • I send you all the wires, connectors, and hardware needed for a complete harness (including instructions) and you put it together yourself.

I'm happy to tackle anything else you can think of, including the additions of electrics/electronics you have already purchased from another source. PM me for a quote.

Thanks,
Sonny

*Normal delivery time (at the moment) is between three and four weeks. Expedited service gets your harness in about a week (depending on the speed of the postal service). Originally I was not going to offer this as I wasn't sure it was "fair", but changed my mind after several requests. Expedited orders DO NOT affect the order time of those not opting in to this service as those choosing the Expedited option are essentially paying for my overtime (I'm giving up my free time to get their harness out sooner rather than making anyone else wait).

Interested in a wire Harness for a CB550...
Got a couple questions regarding the RFID, sounds cool. Can you please -email me to mokkaeng@gmail.com and we can take it from there?

What will it cost shipped to Australia, Post Code: 4217?

CB350F, Stock including Horn + LED indicators.

Thanks.

Yep keen to know about Australia too. Will definitely be hitting you up for one when I've got my lights sorted.

Sent from my HTC One - Stealth Black

just got a custom one from Sonreir for my 75 CL360. it is gorgeous. I would highly recommend getting one from him. Also got an LED headlight too.

XS850 Triple DIY kit mailing out tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSCF3662.JPG
    DSCF3662.JPG
    616.2 KB · Views: 420
CB200 harness complete. Includes a toggle switch for the headlight (allows off as well as high and low beam), refurbished killswitch and starter button, an aftermarket regulator/rectifier, and the addition of a "cigarette lighter" socket.

Attachments

• DSCF3819.JPG
    DSCF3819.JPG
    999.7 KB · Views: 556
crap, why didn't I see this sooner!!! Just dropped $700 on someone to rewire my whole XS750 from scratch. Now I feel like an idiot

Hi SONREIR,

I have a 1976 CB550F Super Sport that I'm rebuilding and it needs a new complete wiring harness. Will you be able to help me on this one?

Cheers!

Re: Re: Custom Made Wiring Harnesses

Sonreir said:
Wherever you want it, man. Traditionally they're under the seat, but lemme know what you're after and we'll make it happen.
Have you done an xs650?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom