Post a pic of your latest purchase

Sonreir said:
How do you think you get enough tools if you don't have a place to put them? :D
Ding!! We have a winner! :p
I made the comment that I may have to buy more tools now :)

What can I say, I love my wife. Traded in her 2007 Vulcan 500 for this: Brand new 2014 Yamaha FZ6R

Attachments

• pattys_fz6r.jpg
    pattys_fz6r.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 187
canyoncarver said:
What can I say, I love my wife. Traded in her 2007 Vulcan 500 for this: Brand new 2014 Yamaha FZ6R
lucky man !!lucky girl
bravo !!! i think you need to save that pic to show the pussy dudes who need to have feet flat on the floor !!

Got a gt250 in a trade last night

Attachments

• 2014-07-26 21.04.12.jpg
    2014-07-26 21.04.12.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 377
  • 2014-07-26 21.03.22.jpg
    2014-07-26 21.03.22.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 330
Nice GT.
Later model with ram air cast directly to cylinder head fins
Suzuki found they over cooled with the large removable ram air covers

xb33bsa said:
lucky man !!lucky girl
bravo !!! i think you need to save that pic to show the pussy dudes who need to have feet flat on the floor !!

Thanks.
She does want to lower it slightly but she's really loving the bike. After a few rides, being tippy toe doesn't bother her as much as she thought. It's got a small adjustment under the seat but it'll only drop it about half an inch.

crazypj said:
Nice GT.
Later model with ram air cast directly to cylinder head fins
Suzuki found they over cooled with the large removabl e ram air covers
thanks i need to round up a set of 76 side covers and a seat & a battery but othere than thatits seems to be all there

Picked this up yesterday.
After 500 miles it's hands down the most fun bike I've ever owned.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406513565.172236.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406513565.172236.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 332
SONIC. said:
Picked this up yesterday.
After 500 miles it's hands down the most fun bike I've ever owned.

Sonic, cool score man. There one of them sitting in my apartment complex parking lot that I stare at all the time, wondering what part of the state I would end up in after 5 hours or so :)

I shopped KLX250, WR250, and DR650 this weekend. I'm pretty sure I am going for the DR. ;D
KLR was a bit too street oriented for what I want to do with the bike, although a local guy uses his like a dirtbike. :p

4eyes said:
I shopped KLX250, WR250, and DR650 this weekend. I'm pretty sure I am going for the DR. ;D
KLR was a bit too street oriented for what I want to do with the bike, although a local guy uses his like a dirtbike. :p

Check out the XL650 as well. I have read it is one of the best "Dirt" Dual sports in the 650 range. The Suzi's are good too but there are slight differences and one might fit you better than the other.

Maritime said:
Check out the XL650 as well. I have read it is one of the best "Dirt" Dual sports in the 650 range. The Suzi's are good too but there are slight differences and one might fit you better than the other.
I grew-up on XLs, so that was my first stop. ;D
But I convinced myself that I may be a bit closed-minded, and checked all the rest out of a spirit of fairness. The DR just felt right, and has a reputation of extreme engine reliability. :)

4eyes said:
I grew-up on XLs, so that was my first stop. ;D
But I convinced myself that I may be a bit closed-minded, and checked all the rest out of a spirit of fairness. The DR just felt right, and has a reputation of extreme engine reliability. :)

LOL that was what I was saying and you already did it. I checked out DR and XL and KLR all in the 650 and found either the DR or XL to be the better Dirt bike and the KLR to be the better street bike. I can't afford another bike yet but one of those will eventually make it into the stable as I live rural with lots of dirt roads to explore. I hope it to be right when my little guy hit's 14 and can buy the DT-50 from my buddy and we can go exploring together.

Thanks guys.
The DR is a great bike as awell. A bit too dirt oriented for what I'll use this bike for ;)
I don't even know how to explain how much I love it.
Yesterday I set out at 10am and rode about 100 miles of backroads to Monteagle and went and swam in 2 different waterfalls. Then when and hit some really awesome twisties on it, and it handles them so well.
It feels so natural in the turns, and so controlled, unlike my vintage bikes when the tires are barking I'm thinking "Okay you've reached the limit, slow it down a little" as opposed to "Holy fuck youre going to die".
Rode about 80 miles of freeway at 70ish as well, not nearly as pleasant but it handled it just fine.

It's going to get a paint job and a set of saddlebags and it will be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom