>>CB550 bobber/brat>>FINAL STAGES>>

Re: CB550 bobber/brat

man, that looks sweet. what tank is that paul?

yeow!
that's gonna be one sexy sexy bike... you'll let me sit on it once it's done right?;)

I have to say... Im pretty damn impressed with how you modded the frame spine to take the tank..
I cant wait to see what you are gonna do with your other secret project!!..LOL!!..

Some goodies came in today and yesterday...
Plate holder and tail light combo
21022009381.jpg

Bar end signals, new handle bars and headlamp
21022009384.jpg

And a new used 21" dirt track rim, complete with drum brake. I would keep it drum up front but thats just me. What do you guys think?
21022009387.jpg

Looks great man!!..
Just wondering, if there any possible way to lower the front end by pushing the fork legs through the upper tripple?.. Any room up there?

that drum brake rim looks the tits mate .. but you really need to get the bottom of the frame back flat to the ground, IMHO .. i'd be doing some neck surgery if you wanna keep the fork/rim arrangement as arranged .. i don't think a rake is the answer, move it out an inch, get a longer leaner look while you're at it

lil beast said:
CUSTOM BIKES BUILT TO YOUR SPECS

can you build me a bike that looks like 2 hot strippers holding a hockeybag full of $50's ??? i also need it to operate under water and in outer space

love ya
a~

anthony said:
that drum brake rim looks the tits mate .. but you really need to get the bottom of the frame back flat to the ground, IMHO .. i'd be doing some neck surgery if you wanna keep the fork/rim arrangement as arranged .. i don't think a rake is the answer, move it out an inch, get a longer leaner look while you're at it

I hear ya but this is unsprung and with the engine and rider on it the bike should level out. Worst case I can drop the tubes an inch, It looks worse than it is because the engine isnt in and the bottom tubes taper towards the front.

And YES, ill have the strippers line up so I can make a plaster cast for your new bike....ill call it "FITTY'S SHUTTLE SUB". ;)

I like the new front wheel a lot. But the license plate holder is gay. I think you could knock the edge off a bit by perhaps putting it on the inside of the damper, rather than the outside. That should tuck it in nicely and may flow with the bike a bit better.

Well done on the huge front wheel selection. And for reference, I think it looks fine as is. Dropping it down a spell won't make it look cooler. Just my opinions...

--Chris

chrisf said:
I like the new front wheel a lot. But the license plate holder is gay. I think you could knock the edge off a bit by perhaps putting it on the inside of the damper, rather than the outside. That should tuck it in nicely and may flow with the bike a bit better.

Well done on the huge front wheel selection. And for reference, I think it looks fine as is. Dropping it down a spell won't make it look cooler. Just my opinions...

--Chris

Problem is its a fixed mount. No other options realy and the fucken thing costs $250..but it is a very nice piece ;D I have to return those bar end signals and will be going with a more refined LED type.

Thanks Chris for the compliments......next ill clean out the garage since all the cutting and welding is done, not to mention I am running out of room with all the parts I removed.

lil beast said:
I have to return those bar end signals and will be going with a more refined LED type.

I only just noticed those - they sure make those bars look WIDE.. :eek:

I think a downtube stretch would make it sit a bit better too (hard to tell without the motor in)

Nice work so far!

[quote/]
I only just noticed those - they sure make those bars look WIDE.. :eek:
I think a downtube stretch would make it sit a bit better too (hard to tell without the motor in)
Nice work so far!
[/quote]

The bar end signals arent all the way in (didnt fit) so minus about 1.25" on each side. No more metal work for this bike. Thanks

Diggin it mang, yer fab skillz in offroading are amazing, glad it's been carried through...good to see yer quality and eye for detail are still 100% operational

Thanks bro, cant wait to see some of your builds on here as well.

My Frankenbikes arent worthy of this site, i'll just come here and drool over yer builds ;)

Back at it again folks. 21" rim came in and now just waiting on the spokes. All re-assembly from here on in.

04042009484.jpg

04042009485.jpg

04042009486.jpg

03042009473.jpg

03042009474.jpg

Bet those fins were fun...

Nice work though :)

nice man! stainless spokes are the only way to go! hell on a 21 i would get stainless twisted! would look wicked! i got them on my harley wiht the black hubs and ring they look insane!
here are some pics to give you an idea:
1z7y8l.jpg

21l8thj.jpg

Back
Top Bottom