1980 CB250N Cafe Project

NOZ69R

In May this year I picked up 2 CB 250's 1 x 250N (mine) & 1 x 250T (missus) in basically a 2 for 1 deal that I couldn't refuse. After a carby clean & some fresh fuel both started & idled away.

Mine even came with crash bars & panniers 8). Well I stripped mine down & have started the rebuild, is basically back to a rolling frame now, just have to get the swing arm bolt shortened as I'm not using the stock foot rest & will be fabing up rear sets.

Now that I have some pic's I thought I'd start my build thread.. so here goes ;D

Have painted the frame, forks, rims & everything in "KillRust" Epoxy paint after reading DTT forums and concluding this epoxy paint is the one to use.

Cheers

NOZ

Attachments

• My Cafe B4.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 278
  • Frame & forks 2 (Small).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 252
  • Front Wheel 2 (Small).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 231
  • Rear Wheel (Small).jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 238
Just finished getting it back to a rolling frame today ;D ;D

Next on the list is the motor.

Cheers

NOZ

Attachments

• Rolling Frame 2 (Medium).jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 228
  • Rolling Frame 1 (Medium).jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 234
Great to see someone else doing a cb250 !!!!! looks like you had a nice unit to start with, keep the udates coming, Cheers Andycafe

andycafe said:
Great to see someone else doinf a cb250 !!!!! looks like you had a nice unit to start with, keep the udates coming, Cheers Andycafe

Thanks Andy,

Yeah they seem to be few & far between... and it was almost too good to do anything but back to original, but I never seem to keep anything in its original state. Even my Duke has a few little personal touches.

I've also been watchin your build with interest too.

Cheers

NOZ

Haha, my wife asked me the other day "could i just get something and not change it?" guess not LOL... ;D i have a big update coming when i pick up my tank and gaurds next tuesday from the painter, plus ive done a heap of other stuff to it while ive been waiting, just want to hold off on the pics till then.. Cheers Andycafe..

Here's some more pieces I have finished.

Cheers

NOZ

Attachments

• Switches & Caliper (Medium).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 237
  • Starter Motor (Medium).jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 244
Here's some more pics.

Pulled the top end off & gave it a freshen up & a coat of paint.

Also my first mock up with exhaust, tank & seat. I'm going to paint it RED with WHITE pin striping down the centre off the tank & seat.

Cheers

NOZ

Attachments

• Mock up 1 (Medium).jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 547
Re: 1980 CB250N Cafe Project (update pics)

Pics of more that I've done.

Cheers

NOZ

Attachments

• Bar End Mirrors (Medium).jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 526
Cool bike. Thanks for the 200 rearset link. I ended up purchasing motobits rearsets, cause building them is hard.

It's been a while well over 4 years since the last post and any work on the bike. A lot of water has gone under the bridge and life changes which now allow me to continue with the build.

On the weekend I decided to see if she would start and bloody hell she started first press of the button.. :)

The missus came running into the shed with a big smile on her face asking me what colour am I going to paint her and when I told her she said it wont match her leathers.....LOL

Let the fun re-begin.

Cheers

Hey chicano, the images have been archived because the thread is so old.

This is where its at now albeit the tank is stripped ready for primer.

Cheers

Noz

Attachments

• 20130720_141233 - Copy.jpg
    20130720_141233 - Copy.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 223
Looking good, can't wait to see the finished product. Mines nearly done, all painted etc but having trouble getting the valve clearance right. I've done it on a lot of bikes, but the CB just doesn't want to hold the same numbers. it's like the lock knock is spinning despite being tight.

Back
Top Bottom