Cafe seems to morph into fighter

Vibrations are insistent little bastards, better safe tan sorry. Your bike looks like an animal and that oil cooler up front is pretty tough looking..

Well, I am sittin here doin nothin!!! I got no parts on the way, no plan for any upgrades, basically nothin to look forward to.

May as well post up some pics featuring the new swinger and wheel and the superbike cooler.

007-28.jpg

001-60.jpg

002-54.jpg

003-53.jpg

004-42.jpg

006-27.jpg

Thanx for the comp bruno. :)

I actually have only taken it for a couple of short rides with the new rear end. Feels like a different bike with the 180 tire and standard length swinger. Gonna have to take one last shake out spin if I get lucky with the weather before the real winter shit sets in. :(

Shameless update!!!

I dont know what is with me, have a couple a beers and suddenly I am stickin stickers all over everything!!!! ;D

001-61.jpg

002-55.jpg

003-54.jpg

ctluba said:
What do you mean??? This is a CB1100F oil pump set up. I used all the stock parts except for the cooler. As far as how the pump functions and handles oil flow, output and input etc, I let the Honda engineers worry about that.

What I mean is.... With the cooler the bike now takes more oil to fill right?? Well when You shut the bike off the extra oil that fills the cooler and lines will drain back into the sump..... Right?? Wrong??

I filled the bike with oil per the clymer manual, 3.7 quarts. I then started the bike and let the oil run through the system. Since some oil would now be in the cooler and the lines, I checked the oil and filled it until it came up to the full line on the stick. It just took a little more, it was less than 4 quarts.

Seems my 900C engine has the special oil pan! and oil pump (which looks the same as the 750)

I guess all I need to do is source some lines and a cooler...

thebronze said:
What I mean is.... With the cooler the bike now takes more oil to fill right?? Well when You shut the bike off the extra oil that fills the cooler and lines will drain back into the sump..... Right?? Wrong??
Drain back....the pump may have the requisite check valve built in since it's tapped for lines. Honestly though, since it dumps right back into the sump I doubt any starvation would occur.

I had a couple of hours before work this morning and chopped the yoshi mid pipe. Cut out 5 inches between the mounting tab and the flange end. Havent fabbed up the mounting point on the rear set plate that luckysox sent to me for FREE yet, but it looks pretty tight so far. Got rid of that ugly mounting strap anyway!!

Before

003-53.jpg

After

017-2.jpg

close up

015-4.jpg

I have a new rear set plate for that side. I am going to carve it up just like the one on there but I will leave a mounting tab hanging off the back that will reach out to the tab on the pipe.:D

thanx bro. ;D

Gonna try and get the new rear set / pipe mount made up tomorrow. Will post up some pics.

The poor punisher goes under the knife again. :'(

I had to get rid of the temporary aluminum sleeve I used when installing the gixxer swinger. JSGauto is making some bushings to get the situation squared away. ;D

001-74.jpg

Off with the friggin rear end...........................AGAIN!!! :?

004-54.jpg

:mad: :'( :mad:

005-50.jpg

The parts in question

006-35.jpg

Oh well, at least it will be done right this time, just in time for spring. ;)

Well I got the swinger re-mounted today with the new, proper sized, bushings. Took a pic with no shocks. If I did go mono it would look pretty cool.

001-76.jpg

Couldnt resist a photo op with little brother smoker!!

003-72.jpg

005-53.jpg

Also, I have to admit Ive been riding the GT mostly, the punisher has been parked. I took the punisher for a rip today and I'll tell ya, it would blow the the GT out of the water!!! Not even close. The GT is fun as hell to ride and make a bunch of noise, but the CB is WAY faster. :D

Punisher got little cleaning today. One side cover came off on the highway....long gone. May buy one in the future, just runnin without them for now. :D

001-110.jpg

Back
Top Bottom