What I did 4 rearsets....

ProTeal55

Check out Half Fast Chicago. Com
With the tank/seat setup on the 450 build, Rearsets were gonna be a given. Their was no way
I could ride that thing any distance with the stock controls..

So, All I did was make a trip to the local crotchrocket/sportbike graveyard and pick myself up a
pair of 2001 GSXR 1000 rear controls. I scored them both for $100, along with the little mounting
tab for the transmission. Here's them in their current "mock-up" state on the bike --->
RSET2.jpg

RSET3.jpg

RSET1.jpg
They are nice becasue they will work on ANY build because they bolt-on, simple as that..
I put them in the pass. peg holes, but I might move them once the bike gets done and rideable..
All thats left to do is make the linkages and I am done..

Hope this helps others, as it was way to easy to get these to work...
;D

How do you think those would work on my 750? Im currently cruising with my feet on the rear pegs......but kinda sucks when I have to down shift or stop ::)

KCs76Cafe said:
How do you think those would work on my 750? Im currently cruising with my feet on the rear pegs......but kinda sucks when I have to down shift or stop ::)
I would guess this setup would work well on any bike.
Plus the install is as simple as removing the rear pegs and bolting these on, make up some linkages
and u are done ! Alot better than paying $300+ for a "kit"... ::)

I'm still trying to find a source for the bits to make up linkages with.

I just bought a tap and dye set at canadian tire (100 pieces for 44 bucks), and i was thinkin i'd just buy some aluminum roundbar (also at canadian tire) and tap the ends for the fittings on the bike... Only problem is, 100 pieces and no reverse taps.

I have a shifter from an R6 and the linkeage (which is useless). I was getting insurance write off parts from a yamaha dealership... But since that's the only part I have, and my source at yamaha took off and moved to London England...

I'm lookin for pegs and a brake pedal...

What's a good (cheap / common) take-off?

Ease said:
I just bought a tap and dye set at canadian tire (100 pieces for 44 bucks), and i was thinkin i'd just buy some aluminum roundbar (also at canadian tire) and tap the ends for the fittings on the bike... Only problem is, 100 pieces and no reverse taps.

I have a shifter from an R6 and the linkeage (which is useless). I was getting insurance write off parts from a yamaha dealership... But since that's the only part I have, and my source at yamaha took off and moved to London England...

You can buy individual taps for pretty cheap at a pro-tool store. I bought a massive (22mm) one to retap an oil drain for $12 last year.

Regular taps are inexpensive, but hold onto your balls when you ask for a 6mm reverse, $47.00 and 6mm rod is almost un heard of so I bought standard size (can't remember the size) and took it down a bit on a grinding wheel.
Careful with aluminum (aluminium for the other Brits on here) might have a tendency to strip out or kink during athletics on the shifter.
I should post my rear set, set up that I put on my race bike.

Cheers, Graham

Had no clue! :eek:... but it's still cheaper than rear-sets and all your pals will flock to your garage to use ut  ;D

BANDIT said:
Careful with aluminum (aluminium for the other Brits on here) might have a tendency to strip out or kink during athletics on the shifter.
I should post my rear set, set up that I put on my race bike.

I was worried about the reverse tap being that expensive... I doubt Canadian Tire will carry it hey?

Yeah I thought about the softness of the metal... but I'm not too hard on the bike (who am I kidding).
Only alternative is steel roundbar, and I'd be more worried about that heavy ass metal breaking the joints than the alum[ini]um, hah, stripping out... theres always heli-coils... Plus the bar from the r6 is aluminum... so it cant be that bad (although my bar will be 3-4 inches longer)

It'd be great if you'd post your setup. Good to see what works before I go ahead and build mine.

CanadaDan said:
Had no clue! :eek:... but it's still cheaper than rear-sets and all your pals will flock to your garage to use ut ;D

Wait, so I'm gonna be cool now?
I thought I had to get the bike finished before that happened...

Ease said:
CanadaDan said:
Had no clue! :eek:... but it's still cheaper than rear-sets and all your pals will flock to your garage to use ut ;D

Wait, so I'm gonna be cool now?
I thought I had to get the bike finished before that happened...

Hey.... you're wrenchin'... you're already there!

Ease said:

My stuff is offa 2001 GSXR 1000.
Seems like the GSXR stuff is easily modified...

Had to go back to the rocketbike junkyard where I got the rearsets and get the factory linkage yesterday.
Seems as if one side of normal thread, and the other side is reverse thread. So I figure it will be easier to have
the stock linkage lengthened then to make one from scratch. Always helps to have friends who build
7 sec racecars a phone call away ! ;D

Here's some pics of the finished rearsets on the CB/CL450 Project...
450-60-2.jpg

450-61.jpg

Once the bike gets running better, I plan to move the up and forward alittle, as now it is alittle
hard to shift (way too far back)...

Back
Top Bottom