69 CB350 - Modern Suzuki Front | Ducati Rear - Cognito Moto

Tijmen said:
How did you run that simulation? Is it a multi-body part? Any chance you could shoot me the file(s)? The whole SolidWorks simulation suite still baffles me. :-X

I don't have pro so I can't do multiple bodies with weldnents.

www.CognitoMoto.com

maha3a6e.jpg

hu6ytapa.jpg

4u9u4ady.jpg

Here's a little update. It's been slow going on this build but I hope to finish her up soon.

Exhaust mocked up. It still needs the baffling core.

hyga6yda.jpg

qe9y6edu.jpg

Matching Ducati wheel up front now. Made some special axle spacers and had to switch calipers to a 2006 gsxr to fit the larger diameter rotor.
ru3e9y6e.jpg

The sprocket upfront has been pushed out with a custom sprocket. Issue is that the slave cylinder hit the offset sprocket. To cure this we used a Honda Magna hydraulic slave cylinder and mounted it to the case. Haven't tested it yet but I hope it works.

4e4e4usu.jpg

Very curious to see how that clutch slave works out for you, I've been wanting to do a similar setup with a ducati slave. Keep us posted!

Had the seat foamed with a gel insert

sygybyra.jpg

suvy9y9e.jpg

After all that I realized that the 7" width was just too narrow. It's one of those things that would haunt me later so the loop was removed for a wider 9" loop. Since we were taking it all back down we decided to make an upgrade.

uvume5u3.jpg

We installed the our new LED integrated loop. http://bit.ly/1ojcwmX
e9y8eseb.jpg

New seat pan is off to upholstery again.
a2adebeh.jpg

Rivet nuts installed prior to foaming.

4aqyge2y.jpg

Could you give me the model of that battery? Any issues with fitment under that tank? I'm using the same 360 tank.

alzcbz said:
Could you give me the model of that battery? Any issues with fitment under that tank? I'm using the same 360 tank.

This is the battery. http://bit.ly/1foL1Wx

I had to hammer the under side of the tank to make room. Also please note that you'll need to be careful putting a battery there. I'm going to face the terminals down. Don't want to short on the gas tank.

This is only an opinion, and not ment to be ragging on the bike because it is still a work in progress. With that said, the exhaust pipe seems alittle too large of a bologny cut and possibly reducing performance by not having enough back pressure. It looks like you are going with a custom exhaust so, IMO, a dual tip exhaust kind of like the Multistrada has might not look to bad. Just tossin stuff against the wall and seeing what sticks !

DucatiDave said:
This is only an opinion, and not ment to be ragging on the bike because it is still a work in progress. With that said, the exhaust pipe seems alittle too large of a bologny cut and possibly reducing performance by not having enough back pressure. It looks like you are going with a custom exhaust so, IMO, a dual tip exhaust kind of like the Multistrada has might not look to bad. Just tossin stuff against the wall and seeing what sticks !

The baffling didn't fit right so I ended up cutting up a cone.

naze7e6u.jpg

I do like the dual idea but I worry it will take away from the swingarm.

Back
Top Bottom