Post a pic of your latest purchase

Sonreir said:
Picked up this DT1 over the weekend for $350.

Needs a title and a lot of TLC, but the engine fired on starter fluid, so at least there's that.

Looks like someone tried to convert to MX, and I'm going to bring her back to something closer to original form.

This may be a GYT kitted DT1.

Sonreir said:

Needs a title and a lot of TLC, but the engine fired on starter fluid, so at least there's that.

Looks like someone tried to convert to MX, and I'm going to bring her back to something closer to original form.
Looks like it's a DT2 or DT3 with that reed valve cylinder and the front end appears to be Suzuki, or something like that. Great purchase though, wish I had it.

Grabbed a lightly used hi viz mesh jacket. Has a removable liner, as well as back, elbow and shoulder armor. Sweet deal at $55 shipped.

Attachments

• IMG_1344.JPG
    IMG_1344.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 176
advCo said:
Grabbed a lightly used hi viz mesh jacket. Has a removable liner, as well as back, elbow and shoulder armor. Sweet deal at $55 shipped.

nice get. Don't know if high viz has saved me or not, but I don't dislike the "man, you are sure hard to miss with that helmet/vest/fairing etc." comments that I get when I'm stopped.

Hurco550 said:
nice get. Don't know if high viz has saved me or not, but I don't dislike the "man, you are sure hard to miss with that helmet/vest/fairing etc." comments that I get when I'm stopped.
I just worry that it makes a better target.

Sonreir said:

The 250 is overweight and underpowered. The 360 a bit better but you really wat the 400 motort. It's still overweight but with a 250 'sport' pipe it's a whole lot more fun ;)

Against my better judgement (since I don't think this bike will ever do the Ton), I'm going to post it anyway-

I thought I retired last year, sold all my beaters & basket cases, stopped taking client work. Last month, out of the blue, my 13-year-old daughter asked me when I was going to teach HER to ride? Then I remembered this FORMER jewel in my friend's back yard; since I last saw it, the elements have NOT been kind...

414193854.jpg

For those who don't know, it's an '82 Honda MB5; very trick little bikes. They'll take an MB8 top end; but even better, you can swap out the engine for an H100 (although probably more than the chassis can handle.

Already received a decent (but split cover) seat. Ordered today: Gas tank, Engine bottom end, Top end, rear cowl, chain, battery, carb, master cylinder, caliper overhaul kit, brake hose, base & head gaskets, and petcock. Tires hold air, so I'll hold off buying new tires 'till it's running. Probably in too deep, but I can't stop now...

Love the MB5s. I keep an eye out for a cheap one ever since I was following Perry's build from like 10 years ago... lol

Had a great opportunity to get out on my almost complete " winter project "

Class of 82 " Barn Grab .CB650 SC " Nighthawk. One year only bike! Last year for Honda's great SOHC engine.

1085 miles! All " freshened up and restored to look like a low mileage example. Cool little bike! Runs smooth and pull hard. Did about 50 miles.. afternoon and evening.
fbeed7f9c6e33641b5d6d23082b9e023.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Only a little thing but the missus brought it for me....a Guardian Bell, the rattle/ringing will prob drive me nuts but It cant hurt to have a little protection these days :)

KPSguy said:

Class of 82 " Barn Grab .CB650 SC " Nighthawk. One year only bike! Last year for Honda's great SOHC engine.

1085 miles! All " freshened up and restored to look like a low mileage example. Cool little bike! Runs smooth and pull hard. Did about 50 miles.. afternoon and evening.

Sweet ride.

KPSguy said:

That is a great looking bike. Nice save.

Back
Top Bottom