NEW MEMBERS - Read this - I'm sorry, but c'mon people.

VonYinzer said:
All extremely valid additions. Thanks all.

My point was simpler than that though. More of a "step back and realize what's happening around you" kind of thing.

Ask questions. And when you get an answer, really listen. Don't be so reactionary all the time. Also realize the full scale of what you're doing.

There's a massive wealth of knowledge and amazing people online that are more than happy to help, but isn't the whole point of this thing to get back to basics. As in, holding that wrench in your dirty hands to make shit work?

Isn't the point to build a rad machine that acts a vessel to parts of your world you may not have noticed before? To get out on the road and smell the air, meet new people, form real bonds? You have to take all of that into consideration. If you're only playing the game for the trophy you'll always lose. Look at the big picture. Realize that when someone like Beach tells you something, it's from 50 years of real world experience. Listening to that advice, even if you have no practical use for it at the moment will make you stronger AS A PERSON.

If we don't all stop to respect the traditions and the culture WE HAVE DECIDED AND CHOSEN TO BE A PART OF than what's the fucking point? All I'm saying is that there is some deeper stuff going down than we allow ourselves to really feel. Maybe it's the hustle bustle of modern living, or some other crap along those lines. I'm certainly not smart enough to decide the reasoning. I am (for whatever reason) beginning to see past the killer one off parts and amazing paint that forms the outer shell of this "bike thing" recently though.

We are all part of something bigger and we've CHOSEN TO link to it through our love of these machines and the creative and literal freedom they allow us. Some folks knit, some paint, other write, some drink and screw. Some do all. Whatever the activity, it's all partof the same central core. A core built of humanity and linked by history.

Be a part of it. Embrace it. Stop worrying about "haters" and "hipsters" man. Stop giving a Damon of you look stupid to someone else. Worry about proving yourself YOU.

Dude i'm reposting your "call to wrench" again.. hope thats cool.

492_10151130282723460_2024878773_n.jpg

Yeah... I'm real wise... Haha...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351207838842.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351207838842.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 931
very well said by all.the reason i joined is because you guys werent snobby and arrogant.theres a four wheel drive forum that ive had the experience of running across because of where i work and heysoos creesto those guys are a-holes,there is none of that n00b piss off going on here and its really nice.thank you

It's funny there was a person still sober and awake enought to take that shot. Or was that in the morning? I can't remember 100%

To the top.

'cause it's a great thread.

Edit: and look at that; it's already a sticky.
<<<<<<< Who's the clown

I came back here BECAUSE the crew here tends to actually give a damn about its membership. Safety concerns? Point them out. Better way to do something? By all means, let us know, wrenching on these old bikes takes a toll. I haven't ridden in a couple years, cross country move, engine on one bike locked up, wiring took a shit on on the other, gave a few away because I ran out of room and/or ambition...

Lot less attitude here than in the antique Dodge forums I belong to. Or the VW group I was going to join, but since my Cal style Super still has chrome was excluded from... car is a work in progress, get over it.

I hope there are still a couple ancient (build dates 1963 and 1971) Honda gurus on here... I can build a flathead engine in my sleep, OHCs forget it. Can do paint and body pretty decently, overhaul a transmission I'm as confused as a newborn in a topless bar.

ole rob said:
very well said by all.the reason i joined is because you guys werent snobby and arrogant.theres a four wheel drive forum that ive had the experience of running across because of where i work and heysoos creesto those guys are a-holes,there is none of that n00b piss off going on here and its really nice.thank you

+1 this is actually the first forum I have taken the time to get familiar with and actually participate. Seems like alot of you fellas know each other personally too. Hell, maybe I'll run into a couple of you gents in the future.

BigKev said:
+1 this is actually the first forum I have taken the time to get familiar with and actually participate. Seems like alot of you fellas know each other personally too. Hell, maybe I'll run into a couple of you gents in the future.

I'd sure hope so. Its all about getting together, ridinv and wrenching and making new friends. Where are you located?

VonYinzer said:
I'd sure hope so. Its all about getting together, ridinv and wrenching and making new friends. Where are you located?

Im in Fort Walton beach FL currently. I hope to be moving back to Austin TX soon. I have tooled around a bit in the DTT "Dirty South" forum but currently Im stuck in Afghaniland so I just buy parts and do research for a few ideas I have.

Honestly I hope to meet a few folks who like making long road trips so we can hit rallys and festivals all over the country.

Here's to hoping I'm not the most annoying person on this forum, because I'm definitely in the right room when it comes to bike knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom