79 CB650 compatible older-school side covers?

ccvsgod

Man Of Constant Throttle
Hey all. It's been like 4 or 5 years since my last DTT confession. But to anyone who can answer this, much appreciated:
I have a 79 CB650, and I want some side covers that are more like the bubbly metal ones of the early to mid-70's CBs.
I basically want these:
72677083-200x200.jpg

to be these:

images

...but with compatible mounts. Maier makes similar ones but they skip from 500/550 to 750.
Anyone know if such a thing is out there?

...and while we're at it, anyone know where to find black lower fork legs for CB or do people usually just powder coat their stock ones?

Powder coat the stock legs. $80/pr.
Looks like the covers will fit. You may need to add a lower mounting tab. Are the top mounts the same?

o1marc said:
Powder coat the stock legs. $80/pr.
Looks like the covers will fit. You may need to add a lower mounting tab. Are the top mounts the same?

Those actual ones above were just for reference, I didn't think any other models' side covers would be interchangeable but I'd definitely love to know if so (mounting tweaks aside), guess I should just try and see. And thanks, with the forks, I figured powder coating was the norm. I've been putting off opening that can of flat black worms but maybe this is the excuse to jump in somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom