1978 KE100 Rebuilt with Mods

Haha sorry Tune, don't hate me...

Tell you what, get the details from the OP on the deal and if you find it acceptable, I'll let ya take both. I don't "need" the rear, I just want it for my '01. If you don't like the deal I'll still take the rear one.

Capiche?

Oynkay. I have ratty both front and rear on the 175 these will clean it up and make it an OK bike.

did someone say bidding war? ;D ;D ;D

$60+shipping for both with mounting hardware for the front. Coyote got dibs on the rear, but i'm not sure a 78 fender will fit an 01 ke. The fender for an 01 is different, but it might bolt on fine.

i'll let you two duke it out….

any interest on the other parts? i figured i'd give DTT members first dibs before i post them on ebay.

Bid is to you Tune, they're yours if you want em...otherwise I'll be finding out the hard way if it fits!

You need a pipe on this bike. Like the left hand side from an RD......

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 318
Won't work on a KE175, had an rd measured up... you could cut it in two places, turn it and slot it until the bend fits. The flange needs to go and a new spigot welded on just too much for this bike.

Seat loop is finally finished. Pics tomorrow. Next stop, sand blasting and powder coating.

As far as engine mods go, I think I'll stay stock for now. I'll fix the clutch and run what I have since the weather is turning nice here in georgia. No sense in letting her sit during the prime riding months.

The plan is to buy a junker and rebuild that engine with all the bells and whistles. I've bought multiple books on two stroke performance tuning and almost every one says to get the stock engine to factory specs before starting any mods. Basically these bikes were made so fast and cheaply that no two bikes are the same. And right off the line, few are actually matching the measurements listed in the manual. What do you guys think? Spec the engine first or go ahead with mods?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Babsworthy said:
Seat loop is finally finished. Pics tomorrow. Next stop, sand blasting and powder coating.

As far as engine mods go, I think I'll stay stock for now. I'll fix the clutch and run what I have since the weather is turning nice here in georgia. No sense in letting her sit during the prime riding months.

The plan is to buy a junker and rebuild that engine with all the bells and whistles. I've bought multiple books on two stroke performance tuning and almost every one says to get the stock engine to factory specs before starting any mods. Basically these bikes were made so fast and cheaply that no two bikes are the same. And right off the line, few are actually matching the measurements listed in the manual. What do you guys think? Spec the engine first or go ahead with mods?

Where are you in Ga.? Who's doing your powder coating?

o1marc said:
Where are you in Ga.? Who's doing your powder coating?
I live in Athens. I haven't really shopped around just yet. But I've heard the best quality for the right price is a shop near Commerce.

Pictures as promised:

Here's the seat loop. I still can't figure out how to rotate pictures on tinypic so i apologize for the neck strain.

2rz7x2a.jpg

I also made a seat pan today.

97upat.jpg

nmjcdw.jpg

I'm especially proud of this. Now i don't have to worry about the dry rotted rubber strap from breaking and losing my tank mid ride.

nb880j.jpg

Yes, the paint sucks. thats a project for another day.

DohcBikes said:
What do you plan to do about the tire clearance you eliminated with you frame mods
I'll have to go with stiffer shocks. I'm not 100% sure on how to go about that. But it's a work in progress.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1457467748072.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1457467748072.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 320
Back
Top Bottom