More power gains from 125cc twin 4stroke

jungalist

Been Around the Block
So here's the deal: my friend just bought him a suziki gn 125 with an 2001 suzuki dirt bike engine 6speed.

Now i made a quick ride with his bike and i'm afraid I can't beat him with my stock cb 125t engine...

obviously i would start with honing the cilinders and put some new pistons in it, but then what's next to get more power then stock? would it help to get the cdi ignition from the less powerfull cb 125td superdream on it or just focus on enlarging the exhaust ports from the bike?

I've put some replica stock exhausts on mine because i've read these small engines need some backpressure and that there's no power to be made with an custom exhaust, only power to be lost.

carbs have pods on them and are jetted the best way possible.

any help or ideas are welcome (keep in mind it's on a limited budget, not a real bucket racer)

DSCI0188.jpg

leave it be and ride it, be happy if it runs good
you will never make even 1/2 the horsepower of the 125 2 stroke

by the way your bike looks fantastic
gearing it down a tad and putting on some lightweight wire spoke wheels and skinny tires will make it quicker thru the gears
hp costs money there is no way around it, a big bore kit and moving some more air would be the easiest but you cannot just make ports larger you gotta know what you are doing or you make it worse plus i can imagine that the cam is pretty mild so you are stuck there
is there any body racing these bikes ? is there performance parts even available ?

What Suzuki engine are you talking about? If it's a 125, that Suzuki is probably a DR125 motor. In 2000, they built a DR125 6 speed, which has 12 hp. You're CB should be putting out about 14 bhp.

xb33bsa said:
gearing it down a tad and putting on some lightweight wire spoke wheels and skinny tires will make it quicker thru the gears
hp costs money there is no way around it, a big bore kit and moving some more air would be the easiest but you cannot just make ports larger you gotta know what you are doing or you make it worse plus i can imagine that the cam is pretty mild so you are stuck there
is there any body racing these bikes ? is there performance parts even available ?

rear sprocket is +2teeth for better acceleration and i've been searching for spoked wheels for some time but no succes so far (unless buying a whole bike with spoke wheels which would end up with my parent throwing me out of the house).

deviant said:
What Suzuki engine are you talking about? If it's a 125, that Suzuki is probably a DR125 motor. In 2000, they built a DR125 6 speed, which has 12 hp. You're CB should be putting out about 14 bhp.

indeed a DR125 but 6speed which means better acceleration and to be fair it felt like it pulled harder after changing gears (more torque)...

xb33bsa said:
are those airfilters oiled ? they need to be oiled

and yes they are. they are just mesh with no cotton layer behind them but i clean them after an oil change and use my oily rag to oil them a bit in the hope that they catch dust. seems like it works so far...

Technology of the future, man. How else are you going to get big displacement power out of a small displacement engine?

I did, but I gave it to Pat and Zeke. :D

You can pick up the turbo, oil pump, and other stuff from ecotrons, too.

http://www.ecotrons.com/products/small_engine_rhb31_vz21_turbocharger/

125-600cc that is a joke, there is no way it can work for that range of displacements
at least not in any kind of streetable form
i think the best way to get a lil more power is learn to ride the thing wfo

50cc two stroke Aprilia motor with the same turbo. Back in 2008, this was the LSR engine.

Attachments

• turbomotor2-579x769.jpg
    turbomotor2-579x769.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 505
Back
Top Bottom