Clutch lightening kits available soon

gijoe13844

Coast to Coast
Well me and a buddy from work decided to take the plunge and put some time into getting a line of lightened motor parts knocked out. With the access we have to a laser scanner, software, and mills we were able to efficiently and extremely accurately lighten a clutch basket for a racer friend of mine. These are a few photos of the work we did on his cb175.

IMG_20140813_160506704_zpsa4oq8cnn.jpg

IMG_20140813_160453697_zpshsevamx5.jpg

IMG_20140813_160430037_zpskiey1qzh.jpg

IMG_20140813_160401945_zpsymm2d7co.jpg

IMG_20140813_160335774_zpskq3zpnht.jpg

We were able to drop close to 20 ounces on a 60 ounce stock part (basket, holder, drive gears, mating gear)

we don't have actual hp gain numbers yet but the loss in rotating mass has made a huge difference on how quickly his bike spools up rpms. Obviously physics tells us that reduction in mass on the rotating parts of a motor will increase performance exponentially over losing weight anywhere else on the bike. So even though we are only talking mere pounds total, the increase in spooling and acceleration will be noticeable.

A pleasant side effect of the lighter mass was increased clutch performance. It almost became to "grabby" and we were able to lighten the pull on his clutch as well.

Our plan going forward is to offer a few kits for lightening both race bike and street bike motors. Stage one will be clutch's. stage two will be transmission, and we are experimenting with offering a stage three crank lightening kit.

We will be starting with common models like CB350s, xs650s, RD's, etc but are open to taking on any project. Please let me know if you have any interest in our service. Prices will be very reasonable for both production and one offs. We are planning 150 for CBs plus a 50 dollar refundable core charge.

I believe is is reasonable for what we are offering, especially with the precision we can offer. I appreciate any input as well! I will put another post out when we have our first production set ready to go. Pm me if you have a one off you are interested in.

Thanks

I know someone who might benefit from some of that magic!

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=52299.1365

Tim said:
I know someone who might benefit from some of that magic!

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=52299.1365
that is the lightest one we have seen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for interest guys. Tim, I definitely have seen a few different build threads that could benefit from this but didn't want to spam the boards. I will probably read out to a few via pm.

Texas, let me know if I can help. The race friend of mine is a national grand champ in the ahrma organization and we are following in the footsteps of a guy he fought against. I think this work perfect for you and zeke if you need to lose a few more ounces. That bike has turned out amazing by the way, I have followed as much as I could.

DrJ....I will let you k ow when we have our first 350 kit ready. We are still dealing with liability issues right now. It's a shitty world we live in when you have get legal protection for any tiny thing. I stand behind our product and believe 100 percent that we have been conservative enough in our removal that there is zero structural failure potential, but any time you are dealing with vehicle related things you really have to cover your ass for the 1 in a million chance some one gets hurt with your product in there bike. Wether the mistake was your fault or theirs!

You have my attention... Need a CB750 guinea pig?

And as I think about it a little longer.... How about a CB100? That little thumper needs all the help it can get!

coyote13 said:
You have my attention... Need a CB750 guinea pig?

And as I think about it a little longer.... How about a CB100? That little thumper needs all the help it can get!

I would be more comfortable with the cb100. As you scale up the size the engineering is more important. If you want to send me a core I will do it for a discounted price. There are some details we need to discuss tho so let me know and we can chat.

Just wanted to let people know that I am doing this as a side gig to offset my own racing costs and not as a full time business. I am working out of a shop where we make high quality parts for the biggest names in the motorcycle and marine industries. My goal is to help others get good quality work at a good price as well as give myself the freedom to pay race and travel fees.

Back
Top Bottom