Not a fighter (yet)

dutchie

Every now and then I get bit by the fighter bug, and really think about rebuilding my FJ. So far I've never followed trough, because I like her too much the way she is, but who knows what'll happen in the future.

Anyway, I thought I'd post a pic of what's been my daily for a few years now.

fj1200.jpg

Sure she can use a new coat, and a good all around cleaning. She's just gotten a new starter, chain and sprockets, some gaskets here and there, and I think we're ready for many, many more miles of idiot grins and palpitations. ;D

I'd personally keep it stock. You don't see too many FJ1200 around; and a clean, unmolested version like yours would be a waste to rip up.

My first bike was an '85 FJ600. ;)

+1 on votes for leaving it stock. That's a great looking bike!!! Find yourself a beat up GSXR or something of the like to fighter-out, keep that beauty like she is!!

Well.... think of it like this.... if you are having fun riding it stock, ride it stock.
If the same old blah stock bike is getting boring.... grab the saw-zall!!!!

The thing about owning your own bike is that it's yours. If you aren't having fun with it anymore... MAKE IT FUN!

I have a '72 H2 and was dreading restoring it. It gets restored and it won't get driven. It won't get driven.
That's why plans change.
I smell an H2R.... or a weed whacker.... one of the two. ;D

Thanks for trying to keep me on the straight and narrow ;). Today I'm in the mood for painting, a corbin seat and hunting for a bellypan.

Do what you want, but if you're trying to preserve a classic, don't bother. I;ve never purchased a bike because I thought it would rise in value. I buy them to enjoy them them, by both riding and looking at them.

I think that motorscooter there is the perfect candidate for a streetfighter. I'd love to see your vision of one.

Back
Top Bottom