1993 GSX1100f

8ml8

Ashlie089.jpg
Well other than the cafe project that I've just listed in the new member forum I have an 1993 GSX1100f Katana that I'm thinking of making into a streetfighter the bike rolls on 16" wheels though I have some Gixxer 17" to swap on.I'm wondering if anybody on this board has heard of a German company named fivestars that makes the fairing shown here all my web searces doesn't get me to this particular fairing. http://katriders.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=11585&d=1228267413.

Yer prolly better off keeping it as a Touring bike....way too much to do to make a decent fighter ::)

Those motors were quite sought after for doing the 7/11 GSXR motor swap as they have better low and mid-range compared to the GSXR11 motor. Well, until the Bandit came along..... ::)

So I think you should find a GSXR750 chassis and build a wicked 7/11 ;D

That would be a 750 chassis with an 1100 motor swapped in. If you do it, we need pictures!!!!

Scott

Bought one of those ten years ago and went two-up touring on it.
Was great.

However, as a fighter.... No, thanks.
It´s a heavy (was it 260 kg?), long machine (wheelbase 1580mm....), and the steel (yes it´s steel) perimeter frame is not very nice to look at.
As you mentioned, it also rolls on 16" wheels that seriously limits your choices on tires.

The engine is torqey but has some drawbacks when you tune it compared to it´s R-version siblings.
For example it has not got the straight cut gears on the crank as the R has, and that creates som serious axial forces on the crank when flogged.

I would sure like to have one again, just for touring and taking passengers.
But as a fighter (and by fighter I mean a vehicle built for blasts, wheelies, and pure unalterated fun), nothanks :'(

Cheers
Dan

Back
Top Bottom