vintage fighters

intrudin said:
http://vintagefighters.yuku.com/ ;D ;D ;D

It's a cool site! :D

I'm on there as "KZZXR"!! ;D ;D

Here's another cool site for old performance bikes! ;D ;D

http://www.oldskoolperformance.com/forum/index.php

Enjoy! 8)

PICTURE OF MY ..... vintage fighter 1975 CB750F SS down and dirty.

intrudin said:
http://vintagefighters.yuku.com/ ;D ;D ;D
IMG_2169.jpg

Re: PICTURE OF MY ..... vintage fighter 1975 CB750F SS down and dirty.

Drake Landers said:

Very nice indeed! 8)

Would this qualify as a street fighter? It has a cam, pods, Accel ignition, lowered forks by one inch,four to one exhaust fully open.

Attachments

• photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    330.7 KB · Views: 254
Good stuff Drewski, liking it a lot. You planning on painting the rear cowl or leaving it as is? Either way works IMO.

450twincafe, I reckon its aaaaalmost there. Ditch some rear work to make the engine the main feature of the bike and you'll be right ;)

Cheers - boingk

boingk,
Thanks for the props. After the pic was taken the rear inner fender was removed and did clean things up a bit. As well the turn signals were changed out to match original style Kz and stems were replaced with 35 mm short shafts to bring them close to the bike. This cleaned that rear nicely. In the search for the right lights I added these led lights but they were POS so they were flung it to the trash. Here is a picture of those lights on the bike. The led's were just not rite period.
I will take more photos to show tomorrow.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 234
That's a really nice machine! ;D I've got my eye on the same model! A guy has one that needs a LOT of TLC! :eek: We'll see! ;)

Most Fighters, however kinda follow the minimalist style. Solo chopped seat, minimal gauges and lighting. They're stripped down to the bare bones!! :D Kinda a 21st Century Cafe bike.

By that definition, my KZ doesn't really belong as a Fighter. It's more like a retro/modern superbike. Your bike might end up the same. In any case, enjoy what you build, and ride it! ;D

Drewski said:
That's a really nice machine! ;D I've got my eye on the same model! A guy has one that needs a LOT of TLC! :eek: We'll see! ;)

Most Fighters, however kinda follow the minimalist style. Solo chopped seat, minimal gauges and lighting. They're stripped down to the bare bones!! :D Kinda a 21st Century Cafe bike.

By that definition, my KZ doesn't really belong as a Fighter. It's more like a retro/modern superbike. Your bike might end up the same. In any case, enjoy what you build, and ride it! ;D

Mmmmmm, I dunno. I'd have to say that in MY book your KZ is the quintessential 'Fighter. My opinion: fighters are characterized by modifications that make them "better" (even if some mods make them "different" [ie German euro-fighters] often that difference still helps performance) in some aspect of performance. Such as 'wheels', 'suspension', lighter weight (often 'fither-oriented bodywork), and motor mods.
Your KZ (drewski) is absolutely brilliant and is one of my all-time favorites; all mods worked towards a superior bike with spartan-esque intentions (ie: nothing on it that doesn't make it 'better'). All this, and you still manage to keep the asthetics true to the original KZ body-lines...brilliant!
450twincafe's bike appeals to me (likely b/c I'm a bit of a 'Kaw'-guy), and I'd say it's "close" to 'fighterdom; but it might benefit from a suspension swap and some rear-set footpegs.
I think the biggest factor in 'fighterdom is that the bike is made to please the owner; so ifyour MKII is where you want it: cool.

...just my 2 cents on a couple fantastic bikes!

-KR

Thanks for the reply to my street fighter. I am a Kaw guy as well, owning a number of them in the past my self. The KZ1000 that I have now is my favorite so far.
Take a look at my new project CB450. I am making it a cafe racer of sorts. At the moment this is as far as I can go until more funds are available. Here is a before and after. It will have clubman bars, header wraps, shorty mufflers, and glass seat to match the tank.
I will be posting the photos elsewhere when I figure out how to reduce the photo size from my Nikon DX40.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 236
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 234
OH! That's gonna be cool! I've always wanted to do something like that to a CB550 or a CB400.
-KR

It seems like I am all over the planet with my bikes but when the opportunity for a project presents itself why step away from the challenge. I say make it faster, better, or just go home! Like the fine art of intercourse it has to please the entire party. :eek: or why bother.

Back
Top Bottom