Blue Haze - a two-stroke miscellany

Those were the days!

via Progress is fine

Attachments

• 3strokersPIF.jpg
    3strokersPIF.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 301
My buddy had one each of those bikes all at the same time.All prestine and perfectly maintained. He only let me ride the NS400R.It surprised me with how much character the engine had.It was a fantastic street bike.

8d8f14682403a842d76e7eb6a8a1ce40.jpg

Just picked up this IT425. Hard to find much info about it. All I really know is that its shares the yz/it400 bottom end, that the bore is the same but it has a longer stroke, and that it requires an oily 20:1 ratio.

Oh and it DEVOURS fuel

Also there are only five #it425 posts on Instagram and they're all from the guy I bought it from.

The handlebars buzz like hell under load and it's incredibly loud but I think I'm in love

Nice find mate. Get a new silencer and fill the bars with expanding foam. Should sort it right out.

plagrone said:
The handlebars buzz like hell under load and it's incredibly loud …

If foam isn't enough use bar-end weights as well. You'll also need ear-plugs, or you will end up as deaf as I am!

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
If foam isn't enough use bar-end weights as well. You'll also need ear-plugs, or you will end up as deaf as I am!

Crazy

No can do, I'm throwing on bark busters!

Any idea how many of these were made? I've heard only 50 of these made it to Britain so I can't imagine more than a couple hundred were produced.

I definitely overpaid a little but I'm not too upset with such a rare and good running bike. Definitely getting a new silencer and some slightly taller renthals or something

A pair of triple trackers from way back.

(You don't have to be crazy but it sure helps!)

Crazy

Attachments

• Suzuki tracker.jpg
    Suzuki tracker.jpg
    658.1 KB · Views: 289
  • Sonicweld-Kawa tracker.jpg
    Sonicweld-Kawa tracker.jpg
    769.2 KB · Views: 293
Wow I've never seen these smokers used for flat trackers! There is of course the famous yamaha tz750 that Kenny Roberts rode....now watching all three of them racing would've have been spectacular! Here's Kenny in 'O9 recreating some of the old magic....now that's a crazy old guy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k8hJWKIVNs

A beautiful machine!

The Kawasaki Furore motocrosser from the early 60s.

Attachments

• Kawa 1BV.jpg
    Kawa 1BV.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 280
  • Kawa 2BV.jpg
    Kawa 2BV.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 282
jimmer said:
My buddy had one each of those bikes all at the same time.All prestine and perfectly maintained. He only let me ride the NS400R.It surprised me with how much character the engine had.It was a fantastic street bike.

It's sad to think that the value on these bikes is mostly due to limited production and collectability instead of based on the awesome riding machines they are. I'm sure most sit in showrooms or in someone's private collection and are ridden very little.

A couple of collectibles being raced at the Willow Springs Corsa Moto Classica 2015!

The Yamaha from Menacing Ayu at Chabbot Engineering and the Bultaco from the CMC Gallery:

Attachments

• chabbot.jpg
    chabbot.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 265
  • bultaco.jpg
    bultaco.jpg
    649.8 KB · Views: 267
The will be no prize for guessing why I'm re-posting this from Motorcycle.com!

Seen at Corsa Moto Classica:

Attachments

• fat pipe.jpg
    fat pipe.jpg
    576.1 KB · Views: 282
Back
Top Bottom