1971 Kawasaki g3ss cafe project

fieldpice

Been Around the Block
My Kawasaki g3ss project
56fea0dde847c8a315c1b407a2900eec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

This bike I picked up about two years or more ago, it belonged to a person named Wally. Which was purchased for him second hand by his grandmother. Years later he went to his grandmothers house and his bike was being garage stored for the majority of its life. Fast forward many yeas later and I stumble upon his Craig's list add.

b2ad2c638a85280d743016d41ab3e29f.jpg
I had broken it down and painted the frame with epoxy spray paint . Taking this project pice by pice at a budget cost more or less.

Cleaned up the motor and bought new gaskets. Also bought a brand new piston and rings standard size., cleaned up the calendar with sand paper but when I came to start it, it would not turn on. The I had remember from over 3 years back, the selller had told me that a bigger piston had been installed, 100cc I put the old piston back and it stared up like a champ . My only question is if they bored out the cylinder correctly?

465643e9114ffcdc079ff8fb81260033.jpg
With the clubman bars, some other things I had to purchase was the gas tank, the one it had came with had already been repairs many years back on the under side, they used lead to repair, electical was a bit tricky at first but once you learn the schematic it comes together much easier, I drilled holes in the new clubman bars and used the chain through the bars trick to run my new wiring

85182667b9d11acd0410495d0f66264f.jpg
I really like this pipe and it will shorten up so I could fit some rearsets on the back. This pipe seems to have a good amount of restriction and should have a good tone as well. I just need to measure the pipe inlet the G3 has and make sure it will match up more or less.

0daed4ecf13e4c562578eda5f0d6a7f1.jpg
and maybe plan on putting this super capacitor in replace of the battery to clean up the look

Where is the bleed on that kart pipe? It may be designed for an expansion chamber that has the bleed pipe on the belly as opposed to the end of the baffle cone. Look at rc cars pipes to see how that is laid out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app

clem said:
Where is the bleed on that kart pipe? It may be designed for an expansion chamber that has the bleed pipe on the belly as opposed to the end of the baffle cone. Look at rc cars pipes to see how that is laid out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app
would It need an expansion you think

Back
Top Bottom