1971 Kawasaki g3ss cafe project

It's premix synthetic blend, one gallon pre mix amount, and I leaned out the mix with more gas, maybe it's just building up in there? I took of the restrictive exhaust, now I need to figure the issue out, was also thinking it might be running too rich

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

1971 Kawasaki g3ss cafe project

Ok I read up on the symptoms and all is leading to no compression, I checked it and had good compression the first 4 kicks 120psi. Then I released the pressure and kicked it over again, this time it would not hold any pressure. not sure what to think but my better judgment is telling me to replace the rings. So I will do that soon.

Help needed, I can't seem to find the right piston rings, this bike has a 100cc piston and it measures 47.0mm this was aftermarket. Can anyone point me on the right direction. I only get part numbers for most part online and no exact measurements

Alright back at it again with a new game plan..... A brand new motor, clone of a Suzuki AX100 from Lifan motors.

Attachments

• IMG_2733.JPG
    IMG_2733.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 240
  • IMG_2734.JPG
    IMG_2734.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 231
  • IMG_2735.JPG
    IMG_2735.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 229
No wire harness was included, I was thinking of just splicing and bullet connecting them. The clone engine came with some accessories including the carburetor, kickstarter, spark plug, shifter, coil for plug

In shambles , about halfway done with the relocation of the motor mount brackets.

Attachments

• IMG_2794.JPG
    IMG_2794.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 235
So the never ending project seems to be making great progress, with much of the wiring done and ready, i am steadily fishing up odds and ends. Although this motor is brand new my 6 v output seems to be on the low side. Now it has a battery that was installed a few years back, it seems to be holding charge. I am going to put all 6 volt led and hopefully everything will work as intended.

Update on the 6volts, i figurehead out that my Yellow with white wire from the stator is 6v ac and that dc lights work with ac... newb.. so I wired up my head light and running tail light with this wire and got my horn, turn signals and brake light running of the 6v battery.

Back
Top Bottom