1973 Suzuki GT380 Slinging Bricks Hell Ride

irk miller

You've been mostly-dead all day.
DTT BOTM WINNER
Project #3 on the docket.

People are already starting to call me crazy, stupid or a number of other colorful words. While mostly true, here's the deal- I'm a teacher. In 5 weeks, I'll have the summer off. As long as I don't go broke (always a possibility), I like to set myself up with a summer full of projects. This Suzuki will be the third project behind the CB750 and the GL1000. One of those two bikes will let me tour the US. This will not do that, but it's my first 2 stroke. The plan is to build a resto-mod with very little alterations to the design of the GT380. It's a great looking bike and legitimate enough to keep clean.

The whole deal started off as a 1975 Apache Ramada hard side camper from Justin Longhorne. Longhorne lives in Maryland, so my brother and I committed to making the trip and bring home the Apache. Knowing I was going to Maryland, I started talking to Brad, and an offer for the GT came through. I had previously hoped to get one of his Titan's, but I did't have the funds to buy one for myself at that time. Then, this came in and I decided to jump on his offer to purchase, It's in pieces, but a complete bike is in the bins and boxes just waiting to be put together.

This is an introduction:

11036900_10206439145886750_8312296411306034039_n.jpg

974a11b3ffe63fe5fc16de2ff856cd19.jpg

Re: 1972 Suzuki GT380 Slinging Bricks Hell Ride

Finally! A 1972 frickin Suzuki GT380. I'm going to be watching this build. Good luck!

Re: 1972 Suzuki GT380 Slinging Bricks Hell Ride

Once again Eric......you da man......!!!!

Gotta watch this one as I am and have been for the other four projects.

I was gonna restore this bike but after talking to ya, I could tell you was way more into it than I was. I found a few parts text me your address

Tore the motor down. Swapped the crank. Cleaning it up, replacing seals and gaskets.

7a61e00d4556c2b7f40d8659c18533ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in =) may the odds be ever in your favor lol

With a triple smoker this thread will have to have some audio to go with the pictures....

hurco550 said:
Runnin yet?
Ha. Putting the time into the CB7fitty, lately. Just ordered a seal kit, so when it arrives the motor goes back together.

Back
Top Bottom