Post a pic of your latest purchase

Had the same gauge on the N1A, but one per engine more for engine temps also had a similar one for carb temps with an alarm to deice when needed, never flew in freezing air but FAA regs must have required it.

MDCT_MD11-7.jpg

I like the gauge idea, but will it be a distraction (another gauge). maybe go out and do hot laps and hit it with a laser? or is it a warning device like a check engine light ??? mayday mayday lol

fluke-f-62max-1000x1000.jpg

Tune-A-Fish© said:
Had the same gauge on the N1A, but one per engine more for engine temps also had a similar one for carb temps with an alarm to deice when needed, never flew in freezing air but FAA regs must have required it.

MDCT_MD11-7.jpg

I like the gauge idea, but will it be a distraction (another gauge). maybe go out and do hot laps and hit it with a laser? or is it a warning device like a check engine light ??? mayday mayday lol

fluke-f-62max-1000x1000.jpg

N1A as in a blimp??

I just thought it would be nice to know engine head temps on the fly if I ever get stuck in traffic especially with the full fairing. Also, for the mere wight penalty, I just thought it would be a cool addition to the bike. Lots of old free air and fanner sleds came with them in the same era, so i thought it could be a cool and functional part of the build.

hurco550 said:
N1A as in a blimp??

I just thought it would be nice to know engine head temps on the fly if I ever get stuck in traffic especially with the full fairing. Also, for the mere wight penalty, I just thought it would be a cool addition to the bike. Lots of old free air and fanner sleds came with them in the same era, so i thought it could be a cool and functional part of the build.

Yessir... the GZ20 Goodyear Airship Enterprise N1A out of Pompano Beach FL. Me my brothers and my Dad all were blimpers.

Controls.jpg

I like the idea for traffic for sure, my harley would go into parade mode (alternating cylinder mode) when it got hot... drove me nuts in traffic the first time

14849668856440_zpszf2lumww.jpg

New lift... Unfortunately I unloaded it upside-down and so am now contemplating using the engine lift to help turn it over so I can finish setting it up today.

Tune-A-Fish© said:
Yessir... the GZ20 Goodyear Airship Enterprise N1A out of Pompano Beach FL. Me my brothers and my Dad all were blimpers.

Controls.jpg

I like the idea for traffic for sure, my harley would go into parade mode (alternating cylinder mode) when it got hot... drove me nuts in traffic the first time

That is so cool!

26k miles
One owner (old guy)
2wd
4.3 V6
5-Speed manual.
Only option is AC

CLEAN!
Literally smells new.

I wanted a V8, but everyone wants a million bucks for them.....OR they are BEAT.
This was stupid cheap, even at a dealer.

Plan to do a 5/7 drop and a few minor things.
Goal is to just drive it like a car, haul some bikes, and head to the lake with SCUBA gear.

Inventory is an indication of need, not an inability to sell. You can't find 2WD trucks because no one wants them, so dealers don't stock them. Trade-ins are much lower too.

irk miller said:
2WD is always cheap. No one really wants them.
I wouldn't have a 4wd....Not much need for it where I live and I don't wanna go play in the mud. 2wd all day and low please !

1fasgsxr said:
I wouldn't have a 4wd....Not much need for it where I live and I don't wanna go play in the mud. 2wd all day and low please !
We're the same way. My dad got his Ram 2500 for $15k less than the same truck in 4wd because it was in Asheville and the lot couldn't sell it. My boxchevy is 2wd. All good to me.

irk miller said:
We're the same way. My dad got his Ram 2500 for $15k less than the same truck in 4wd because it was in Asheville and the lot couldn't sell it. My boxchevy is 2wd. All good to me.

yeah, I make myself think I want a 4wd for a few times during the ohio winter, where in reality I would be fine with a 2wd with snow tires and some weight. Im in the market for a full size, probably just want a single cab long bed. Its nice hauling bikes with the tailgate up.

I had use of a 2wd T100 for a year or so, good set of BFG AT KO's and some sand bags in the back and it got me anywhere I needed to go in the winter. I liked the truck but the FIL sold it once I got a new to me car, it was on loan while were in limbo. He now has a 2003 tundra 2wd that is even nicer and got it for about 5K less than the same truck in 4wd

surffly said:
I wanted 2WD because I want to drop it, and at some point V8 swap it for a fun little hot rod.
I got some flack from some buddies for lowering the eth 10, but a low gate height is super nice for solo loading.
e9523e77c116f067b55062eaef807582.jpg

db40f22f00da2a74f842e25b6901b5e3.jpg

I'm lowering the C10. I dropped it two inches, but that's not enough. I might go 7 in the back and 5 in the front. I'm trying to decide if I want to bag it.

Back
Top Bottom