My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project

Brad, only a part of the tank and seat will be polished the rest will be scotchbrite finish.

OK after spending the last 2 days reading all 51 pages all I can say is WOW! Thoroughly impressed. I have gained a lot of knowledge and insight from this and I will utilize it toward the upgrade of my own T500. This is the reason I joined this site. Great work!

Thanks for the kind words. Finally made some progress! Got the exhaust stubs made so I am ready start on the pipes. Also ordered a set of engine case polished stainless cap head bolts from ebay for $26, can't beat that.

Attachments

• stub 1.JPG
    stub 1.JPG
    231.3 KB · Views: 221
  • stub 2.JPG
    stub 2.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 250

Got started on the down pipes today.

Attachments

• d1.JPG
    d1.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 261
  • d2.JPG
    d2.JPG
    519.5 KB · Views: 251
Re: My Suzi T500 Project (exhausting!)

More progress on the down pipes. Hard to see in the pics but there are two different curves and a twist in this section.

Attachments

• d3.JPG
    d3.JPG
    208.6 KB · Views: 249
  • d4.JPG
    d4.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 252

johnu said:
More progress on the down pipes. Hard to see in the pics but there are two different curves and a twist in this section.

Is this easier then juts bending the pipes, or is it a look thing? Cause it looks bad assed

Not easier but I don't have access to a mandrel tube bender, plus from this point on the rest of the sections will be cones. Personally I agree it looks wicked made up in sections ;)

mikewerx said:
Is this easier then juts bending the pipes, or is it a look thing? Cause it looks bad assed
the taper on the pipe increases just alittle with each ring

bradj said:
the taper on the pipe increases just alittle with each ring

Makes sense, and does look bad assed. Wish I had the skills to get 'r done. I'm only a mig guy

Nice work on the pipes! Like the dzus clips on the seat as well.

mikewerx said:
Makes sense, and does look bad assed. Wish I had the skills to get 'r done. I'm only a mig guy

Why not give it a try? I migged my first pipes, and it looks like those headers are mig tacked. BTW, unless I'm mistaken those sectioned headers are cut from straight pipe, not tapered.

Sure, I'm down to try anything, twice. What wall thickness are those pipes? Didn't want to get something too thin that I'll blow right through...

Looking awesome,I built the pipes on my cm the same way.

Back
Top Bottom