My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project *Update*

Think about fitting one of these Acewell tacho's http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/381713336625?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true , are they easy to fit? Or is there a better option, only interested in a basic unit.

That would probably be perfect for what you need. Check out Trail Tech and Koso too. They both have some basic speedometers in that same style.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app

Thanks Clem. Forgive my ignorance but do all of these tachs work with twin cylinder engines?

johnu said:
Thanks Clem. Forgive my ignorance but do all of these tachs work with twin cylinder engines?

Both pistons are moving at the same rpm, they only need to pick up one plug
Better question is, do they function with a 2 stroke or will it show double...

farmer92 said:
Both pistons are moving at the same rpm, they only need to pick up one plug
Better question is, do they function with a 2 stroke or will it show double...

Like I said my ignorance shows through in all things electrical ;D

Most of those tachos are adjustable and ones that are not are typically designed for old school 4 stroke in line fours with two coils, so a wasted spark should not be a problem.

I know the Trailtech Voyager has adjustability on ignition pulses per 360 degree crank rotation. I' m quite sure those are the same.

Got the clutch side all back together now moved over to the ignition/final drive side. Installed the ignition and came to put the oil seal and retaining plate back on the final drive shaft and I found this shim looking washer in the bottom off the box that had all the parts for this side in it. Not sure where it goes or if it should go on the clutch side somewhere???? it it the same size id as the final drive shaft.

Attachments

• IMG_4793.JPG
    IMG_4793.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 506
  • IMG_4790.JPG
    IMG_4790.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_4791.JPG
    IMG_4791.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 542

If i remember correctly john, there is a washer behind the clutch assembly. If you got a manual there is an exploded view in it i believe.

Thanks farmer but it is not either of those two washers. Those two are precision ground on both sides and I know I installed them. This one is more of a stamped out washer although more precision then a regular washer ???
Where did you get the exploded view from? It is way better than what is in my Haynes manual.

In that case isn't it a Bellville (coned) washer that fits under the clutch center nut to keep it from coming loose?

Admittedly that's more normal on a Yamaha than a Suzuki. RDs use them on the clutch and crank nuts but Suzi usually uses a tab washer.

Yes it has a tab washer on the clutch.
It's not a Bellville, it is thicker and not dished. I have had this engine apart a couple of times now and I just can't place this washer!

Thanks farmer :) I am baffled to be honest ??? I never took anything out of the bottom half of the crankcase except for the crankshaft assembly so it can't be off of any of the trans shafts. Also haven't had any other motors apart but maybe it was already in the plastic container that I used. Just odd that it is the exact size of the output shaft. Just worries me that I missed something.

kadavenport said:
I might would post this on the suzuki2stroke forum if you haven't already. Found this link over there that might help too: http://file.walagata.com/w/sundialmotosport/SuzukiT500.pdf. Page 60 has a schematic of the transmission.
Haven't worked on a t500, but on the gt550 there is a similar shim that goes behind the side case on the kickstarter shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Thanks, yes I did post up over there but no replies yet!

Is it a spacer that you put behind the output sprocket, to match the chain line for that wide rear wheel?

Back
Top Bottom