Harley street bob... take 9... ha ha ha ha always changing

i am going to coat the rear fender and that get on there first... that will help me decide how i want to cut or if i want to cut the front fender... till then the tape has to stay n there, that fender BARELY fits the trees! barely!!! would had to scratch up the lower legs and have to recoat them for being in a rush :)

brother came by yesterday and we kicked back a few beers and he (and my wife) helped me to figure where i needed to cut the front fender to flow a bit better with the rear fender... going to take 2.5 off the back and leave the front, the front of the fender then will be 15in long and the rear 23 once cut... should flow nicely... hope to shoot the rest of the blue on sunday!
*also decided that the seat needs a custom cover!

you can see the mark on the back of the fender where we will be cutting it...
10omqhd.jpg

23to7ih.jpg

Looking good, Joe. Can't wait to see it all together.

cut up the back of the fender tonight, then blasted some of it down a bit in the shop between bakes... tossed it on for final look and have to say... i think we are in busn!
not sure whats up with the camera... took pretty wacked pics but gives you the idea
I like it... i think it is clean and has a great flow. powder next! then get this sucker buttoned up!

v7ukir.jpg

qq3bxg.jpg

2ekkub7.jpg

does not seem like alot but it was all the little things that had to get done! the all black controls on the bars look awesome!

got the new wheel chock on the table
2mrv8yu.jpg

coated stabilizer and washers on and torqued.
also wrapped up the red wires in black wire wrap... they look great!
2e4j4ih.jpg

coated master on and completely rebuilt
2i1ib6c.jpg

intake and oil pressure guage coated and installed
mije42.jpg

not much to report but something! every day a bit more, till she is done... last night was thrus so we do a dinner with my bro and his girl and my wife... after dinner i dipped out early
*did not have much time so i focused on the little details... i have to have everything uniform or i go nuts... so i went about wrapping all the wires for a really clean finished look
wrapped my brake line
30kca68.jpg

installed the oil cooler, damper, and wrapped the lower line
16bn7h0.jpg

wrapped and split the upper line for the bar wires
xm0avn.jpg

I got all the front end soldered up, the bars are all wired up, wrapped all the wires up again for a very clean look... and added the turn sigs under the trees, soldered and wrapped the wires up!
getting there!

2ro429s.jpg

157eq1d.jpg

Wow, totally new bike. Really sharp Joe. Kind of classic with the large slammed fender, but with attitude.

The blue looks nice, Joe. It's screaming for some subtle pinstriping.

gonna do a combo of white and black hot rod style pin striping i think

well.... i started over on the rear fender yesterday... glad i did the finish this round is spot on... after i finished hte rear fender last Sat i realized i had one hole on the top of the fender that is not used, a push cap just looked lame... little details make the bike... back to the stripper tank... stripped it, welded up the hole, ground it down, primed and blocked and coated it all again
I also re shaped the curve near the end of the fender so it is not so aggressive and the welded 2 fenders flow much smoother together

this pic of the base coat showes the hole i am talking about
ebc3km.jpg

now thats a trick rear fender
sbmv5g.jpg

es0wed.jpg

last night
ljtwo.jpg

this mornign with the cell with some sun on it
k0r5ow.jpg

I keep hacking away at it... last night fabbed up some spacers for the fender, cut my new fender bolts, wired the LEDS under the fender and got them all in place, fork brace on and torqued down, drilled hole in rear fender rubber gromit and pulled wires though, mounted the tail light/plate... getting there

that front tire looks huge with the tight fender and the fork brace on there... the whole lower front end is done
will start to get the rear fender wired and the new progressive shocks on back

505zs7.jpg

2lnk5kj.jpg

headlight trim ring in makes a huge diff in person!
13zqwz9.jpg

rcnig8.jpg

Tail light mounted up

2uxu2s5.jpg

30veo89.jpg

that's sick. i wish all harley's had this little chrome. the satin blue is killer.

well... got a weee bit of a chemical burn on the hand... so i could not work in the shop today... so went into the bike shop to work a bit on my scoot last night... i was never a big fan of how the rear wire harness was set up so i cut it all and re did it... i also spliced in another brake, running, ground, and turns lines so that later if i want to add those into my saddle bags quick release that it would be an easy set up...
my phone died part way though so i did not get all the pics, but also mounted up the new mirco led turn sigs...
I powder coated my inner fender rails and then wrapped them in shrink wrap, ran my wires though that... you can see under my fender where i tacked some hoops in there to run the wires thought o keep them away from the tire so i can really slam this sucker and not worry about rubbing wires though...
ill get some pics with a real camera when i get back in there
*there is a open house at the local HD dealer by the shop... figure it may be a nice time to shoot over there and introduce ourselves to them, show them a completely coated bike and see what they think!

(color coded the back end as well so they match the tail light and signals)

new wires soldered in
10opw94.jpg

extra lines for later use on the bags
2j437dc.jpg

2ahun7.jpg

wow i am beat! 9 more hours of wiring last night... rear fender is in place and torqued down, looks awesome and everything works! new rear turn sigs are super tiny and super bright! Fuel pump is hooked back up and in the tank, new progressive rear shocks are on and mounted, front fender is back off for a bit more wiring work but got that 99% done... my buddies, dad, and brother left about 4 am this morning...
also took my stock foot ball and cut it all up to make a much much cleaner air cleaner cover... looks light years better than the old one... just got to slap some gloss black powder on it some time this weekend... almost there!!!!

Back
Top Bottom