Mr. E's CB750 (The Black and Tan) But wait, theres MORE! Barber preperations..

Re: Mr. E's caffeinating of a CB750 (The Black and Tan) 95% DONE!

Next up is the front brake rotor. We all know what the stock ones look like, thick and heavy. So I drilled them out for heat and weight loss. Started out with a center drill, using a pattern I made in powershape software, and a Bridgeport mill.

CameraZOOM-20110927171735-1.jpg

Take it slow and use lots of cutting paste, and cobalt drills.

CameraZOOM-20110927180849.jpg

Then chamfer the holes and clean it up.

CameraZOOM-20110927182129.jpg

I then ran some 600 paper over it to finish debuted, and back in the wheel.

CameraZOOM-20110927182129.jpg

Man do I LOVE that color combo. Really great job on the brake levers!!... I might have to do something like that. Mine are a bit old and beat up.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I hope ill be adding some more updates in the coming week. Im actually pulling an all nighter right now getting it ready for a show on Saturday as part of an upstart for a polishing business me and a friend are starting.

Not much of an update today, by the time I called it a night I was walking around looking for the wrench that was in my hand... so pictures wasn't really a priority. But if you picture a garage after tossing a few grenades and a bag of rabid weasels inside, that's what it all looks like.

Pizza warmed by worklamp was the menu of the evening

CameraZOOM-20110929220441.jpg

And I spent most of the night making things shiny

CameraZOOM-20110929221417.jpg

Next time I'm at the shop, I'll have to try that worklamp/food heater trick. Kinda like an easy bake oven.

From Wiki "The Black and Tans (Irish: Dúchrónaigh) was one of two newly recruited bodies, composed largely of British World War I veterans, employed by the Royal Irish Constabulary as Temporary Constables from 1920 to 1921 to suppress revolution in Ireland. Although it was established to target the Irish Republican Army, it became notorious through its numerous attacks on the Irish civilian population."

But that's enough of a history lesson. Just look at this bike.

Black and tans be tasty too! Yum.

Yeah I first used a work light as a food prep device years ago in construction. We would take the grill off, and put an open can of soup right on the bezel, 15 minutes later, working outside in january just got tolerable!

And now for a "bright" idea to shed a little more light in the dark. I love my tail light, but easy to see it is not. I even switched it to led but the red glass just kills anything you put in there. So I bought 2 4" sticky led strips at Autozone and placed them under the seat, but close enough to the edge that they show up to following traffic. I wired one as a running light, and the other as a momentary when I hit the brakes.

Here's a before:
2011-09-06_18-09-43_613.jpg

And an after:
2011-09-08_18-26-21_872.jpg

that's a big difference.

What's disheartening is going into a pub, ordering a B&T and they look at you dumbfounded.

jay_kent said:
that's a big difference.

What's disheartening is going into a pub, ordering a B&T and they look at you dumbfounded.

I know what you mean! I went to a local joint on st patty's day and asked for one. They asked if they could pour it with bud and amber bock!

Grate build and i love the painted spokes haven't seen that on a lot of bikes! I wouldn't change a thing with that bike if it was mine and I am picky about how stuff looks. Grate build!

I'm loving it, I'm going for this same color scheme as well. Perhaps I missed it but where did you get the paint? The color is exactly what I was looking for, not too yellow and not too white.

Back
Top Bottom