WOW!

HOLY CRAP! kudos to him for not going nuts on that lady. he seemed to be ok, but that's a nice surprise in stopped traffic.

that sucks, but it was so badass that he didn't even fall down.

two different friends of mine on different occasions got BACKED into in traffic... one was a delivery truck that couldn't fit down a narrow street, so he stopped & started backing up... no big harm to the rider, but the gsxr needed forks & some other bits(not to blame the rider, but he should have been in sight of the trucks mirrors).

the other was this 61 year old on a $20,000+ dressed out harley... some girl came to a traffic light & pulled forward a little too far, so she shoved it in reverse & stepped on the gas.

ride like everyone in a car wants you dead.

New GSXR :$10000-12000, getting rear ended and bein' bad ass enough to not even go down: $priceless$ !!!

Man that brought back memories... even when you are doing everything right ..... Things are just out of our control..

That's un-fucken-real. I know that everyone on here would have knocked that old hag out... but she did sound kinda cute, didnt she? Not cute in a "Wanna Bang 'er" way but like cute in a way that you wouldn't mind if she made you little football cookies with the laces out.

I don't believe in violence, but, I do get upset when people try and kill me
Some people shouldn't be allowed to drive :mad:
You know it no problem because insurance will pay out, then, she gets to have another go :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
My father got run into, swing arm bearings were destroyed which made it pretty obvious (from the angle of shattered bearings)
I did another bike about 3 weeks later where there were a lot of witnesses.
Same damage
Cops didn't want to know
Guy got away with it because he said my old man had tried to overtake him (plus, he was retired cop :mad: )
Both wrists were shattered and he could never work again
I'm really glad the guy in vid got away OK, but bad driving REALLY, REALLY PISSES ME OFF

yea having a GoPro or any sort of with-you camera seems like a good idea now adays, spending a little on those cameras could get in handy when defending yourself to things like the comment abv me :X

The rider may have been injured. He will not know until he is ex rayed and MRI.
He could have neck injuries too. whiplash with a heavy helmet on.

Looks like he will be getting a new motorcycle.
I hope he is able to ride it.

At least the woman apologized. I can't imagine how bad she must have felt and how scared she was.
That rider did the right thing. He kept his mouth shut and he will get lots of points for showing his strength of restraint.

BTW...Did you notice that the SUV that stopped only had one brake light? It was on the drivers side. Good thing the biker saw it in time.
I just wonder if the SUV had both brake lights if the motorcycle and following car would have noticed things sooner?

cervin said:
yea having a GoPro or any sort of with-you camera seems like a good idea now adays, spending a little on those cameras could get in handy when defending yourself to things like the comment abv me :X

I agree. Those cameras can be very important to recovering damages.

crazypj said:
I don't believe in violence, but, I do get upset when people try and kill me
Some people shouldn't be allowed to drive :mad:
You know it no problem because insurance will pay out, then, she gets to have another go :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
My father got run into, swing arm bearings were destroyed which made it pretty obvious (from the angle of shattered bearings)
I did another bike about 3 weeks later where there were a lot of witnesses.
Same damage
Cops didn't want to know
Guy got away with it because he said my old man had tried to overtake him (plus, he was retired cop :mad: )
Both wrists were shattered and he could never work again
I'm really glad the guy in vid got away OK, but bad driving REALLY, REALLY PISSES ME OFF

I have a prediction. One day you will get up in the morning and look in the mirror
and you will be old. When will you make your first mistake? Lets just hope you just hit your own mailbox.

I am sorry for your father.

BTW...That woman in the car was the 3rd vehicle. When the first vehicle stops it leaves each vehicle after it less and less time to react. The old lady got the short end of the stick. She was not trying to kill that rider. She may have even had a perfect record up till that incident.

My first accident in my life was just a few months ago.
I came around a curve in a road and there was a car stopped. It was a young woman on a cell phone. All the other cars in front of her had left, she was still sitting talking on her phone.

I could not stop my one ton van in time even with the ABS brakes. There was no escape to the left or right. Cliff on one side, oncoming traffic on the other side.
I did not have any damage o my van and her car was already banged up in a previous accident. No air bags deployed. Since I hit her from behind I was automatically at fault.
She had a high backrest on her seat which offered some protection.
She said her neck hurt. They took her away in an ambulance. Last I heard she had received $10,000 dollars. My insurance rates went up. A nightmare. And I had a perfect driving record . No accidents ever.

I am still glad she was not seriously hurt, and that seemed more important to me than anything else.

But when you look old everyone just says," Old man should not be driving."
Don't ever look old.
If I looked young they would say, "Stupid girl was on the phone."

Nothing wrong with anyone driving, problem is people not paying attention.
In USA driving is seen as a right not a privilege, it's evident by the cavalier attitude of driving without licence 'because I don't need one, been driving (or riding) for years without a problem
I was almost hit by a 40,000lbs truck because driver was concentrating on running a RED light that I had stopped for (he was at least 300 ft behind me.
If I hadn't made an 'almost' right turn against light, I wouldn't be here to talk about it
You right, cell phones should be banned while driving, there isn't anything important happening, and if it is something important, you need to be somewhere else so PAY ATTENTION
I'm 'ONLY' 54 and have been working on bikes since I was 11, probably ONLY driven about 5~600,000 miles on bikes (mainly in Europe)
and about 300,000 in cars/vans/trucks.
I know I'll be getting older, I just do my best to pay attention and pre=empt problems (mostly works ;D )
I've made a couple of video's using helmet cam, I tend to be looking around a lot if there are any junctions or traffic, you never know when someone is going to do something really stupid

Back
Top Bottom