Members Ride Videos

IndieSol

"This one goes to eleven." -Nigel Tufnel
I've seen a few other first person ride videos from members out there, how about putting them here ? I love seeing the different roads and topography everyone lives around.

New video added 8/4...

I've been friends with this guy JD for years, but we've never really gotten to ride together too much. Mainly, because he was a bad luck charm. First time we tried to go riding, the points on my CB550 burned up. The second time, I threw the rod on the same bike. Well, we finally tried again this last weekend.

cougarcarsonrun.jpg

Luckily, the only bad thing that happened was that I forgot to clear my GoPro disk before we left, so I only got about an hour's worth of footage. Still, though, it gives you an idea of how good the riding can be in the Pacific NW when the rain lets up.

Cougar run

So, yeah, before you say it, I know we were riding pretty slow. JD, well, he's on a Honda Shadow 1100, so he doesn't have much of a choice. As for me, I wanted to keep an eye on his riding for a while before getting too comfortable, and I'm also still making sure all the kinks on my bike have been ironed out from the wreck.

It was a blast. Any of you who live in the Portland/Vancouver area, I strongly suggest making the run.

Re: Ride video

Crap. Can't watch the video on a mobile device. I'll have to check it out when I get home.

But the name "Cougar run" reminds me of the days before I met my wife........:D

Big Rich said:
Crap. Can't watch the video on a mobile device. I'll have to check it out when I get home.

But the name "Cougar run" reminds me of the days before I met my wife........:D

Those are every wed night at the creekside around here... nabbed a big cat or two ;)

I can't watch it on my iPad - i will need to see it on my other computer when I get to it, but that is a GREAT loop. I rode it last summer with a friend - him on his R6 and I was on my Magna. The link is a short clip taken on the Lewis River road mostly east of Ariel.

Ariel Loop

The next time you go, head up 14 to Lyle, and go north. Follow the road all the way to Goldendale. Yet another great loop near you.

Sorry about the mobile thing. I didn't realize that setting was even there. I'll take care of it as soon as I'm off my mobile.

Love the Goldendale run. I'll get that one this year too.

My second GoPro vid. Shorter, sweeter, and this time in HD.

I'm compiling footage with more points of view and with other vintage and cafe bikes. Have a few more rides to get in and then should have something worthwhile.

Old Columbia River Hwy 30, Columbia River Gorge.

Nice and Gentle

Back
Top Bottom