This is not a jab at harley's, just the old men who own them

That was funny AND sad at the same time! I thought we were gonna hear of yet another case of an old person confusing the gas with the brake and plowing through a store front.

Even though that's not my kind of bike, I hate to see any kind of motorcycle abused like that...

I was hoping for some catastrophic clutch failure, but then again, HD probably over-engineers those things because they know their clientele are ass-hats like this guy. I love the part at 0:36. Typical Harley guys. "Huh, that's not working. Let's add beer!"

Christ, look at all that crap on there! Why doesnt he just give up and buy a goldwing.... or a minivan?

they need to expand the vrod motor and line up. Buell????? They have pigeon holed themselves and I dont think they can get out of it. You could probably "build" a harley esqe bike now for less wihtout buying a harley part. They are charging BMW money for hundred year old technology. We have a huge harley dealer here in town, actually three, and I dont see how they stay in business. I know that harley guys are passionate, but the company needs to revamp the lineup. How many harley dealers have 300 bikes in stock? How many of those bikes are the same? what do they have 3 models? seriously. its just ridiculous. seeing that old man trying to spin his tires on an 800 pound bike is sad. He proabably has harley underwear on over his depends.

Agreed.

Unfortunately, when it came to motorcycles, I was raised with the mentality that Harley was the only way to go. You should have seen their faces when I pulled up on a honda shadow 8)

Harley isn't my choice by any means, but V-Rods are kinda cool, and by far my favorite was Buell when it came to their stuff. I've seen some pretty wicked fighters and cafes from those things.

reelinfeele said:
they need to expand the vrod motor and line up. Buell? ??? ? They have pigeon holed themselves and I dont think they can get out of it.

Erik Buell designed the v-rod engine. No way in hell could harley have engineered that. And hes already partnered with another company except his bikes wont be under his last name anymore because harley took that as well.

Let's keep the jab confined to Harley owning old farts. Some of us antiques still have enough brain cells functioning to avoid HD mobility aids.

Crazy

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

The only problem is he didn't fork out the extra $5000.00 for the burnout upgrade. $8000.00 for the chrome billet version.

16vmk1 said:
Erik Buell designed the v-rod engine. No way in hell could harley have engineered that.

You're half right on that. No, Erik didn't design the V-Rod engine, H-D partnered with Porsche in developing the V-Rod engine which is based on the Harley VR1000 liquid-cooled race engine that H-D competed with in AMA with limited success. Buell is more of a chassis designer/builder and sources his motors from other builders.

DrJ said:
You're half right on that. No, Erik didn't design the V-Rod engine, H-D partnered with Porsche in developing the V-Rod engine which is based on the Harley VR1000 liquid-cooled race engine that H-D competed with in AMA with limited success. Buell is more of a chassis designer/builder and sources his motors from other builders.

for some reason i thought i read he/his team designed it. all well, HD still had to go to someone else. It sucks HD wont let him use his own last name on his up coming bikes though.

Back
Top Bottom