Noob question

I currently have a 1984 nighthawk cb650. I am running the stock mag wheels on them. I am thinking of buying a set of cb750 spoked wheels to try and put on my bike. Is this possible would there have to be any modifications done. Also in the coming weeks I will be upgrading my front suspension to gsxr front end.

Waits for the welcome wagon to arrive
post-906-0-05346400-1342140158.gif

Does your exhaust hit the ground? Looks a little unsafe to me?

You could put those trees back up where they belong and gain 2 inches of clearance, but your back tire will STILL drag the seat on g-outs. the cb spokies will fit with little mod needed just need SS front and correct spacers. the GIXER front will need a conversion stem to fit as well as hub for the spoked rim setup all in about $600 + tires. all of this is killing the simplicity and street ability of you little CB, you would be better served steering clear of stance and getting it back up to proper handling.

That said... I am building a somewhat similar bike but with proper suspension mods to make it handle... not better as a DD but better over all so Rock on if you have the cash... save the cash "all" of it and buy the parts, I see a shitton of lads selling out when they get bored for nickles on the dollar and never take the shit out the box :eek:

Hey thanks for the input man. This is my first bike ever. The plan is to keep it as simple as I can. I've been googling and trolling through forums looking for answers to some questions I have. I was tracking I needed a stem for the conversion I already seen cognito moto has those I just wasn't sure about the hub

Devin/Cognito has the hubs also and can sell you a set of spoked wheels ready for the GIXER for around 2 grand

Back
Top Bottom