Cb 100 Rearsets

Barkingmadspeedshop

Sell the many to fund the few
Lots of info on rearsets but I have yet to see or find much on rearsets for cb100's So lets see what and how you did it not to mention what did and did not work I am building a 71 cb100

I'm assuming the CB100 foot peg mounts are very similar to the CB125 mounts. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. It seems the way to go is to have three holes; one attaches the rear set to the swing arm bolt (is axle more appropriate?), one hole to the old foot peg bolt, and the last of course for the new foot peg and rod. I personally wasn't able to find any pre-made rear sets for my CB125.

New to this site so hi. I'm doing a CG125 cafe and looking at making some rear sets for mine. The best and easiest way (in my opinion) is to make some mounting brackets using some sheet steel and attach them to the swing arm pivot and the centre stand pivot (have to make some spacers for this one) then use some sport bike pegs and levers, i'm going to use early fireblade ones. There are other ways but this way you don't have to weld to your frame. :) I've just started to make the templates so i will let you know how i get on.

Please keep us updated. I have a project CB100 and was looking into how to do the rearsets as well. I'd like to see what you come up with.

has anyone on this thread finished there rear sets or did we all give up :)

im working on mine now.

im using the centre stand pivot and the old foot brake pivot as my two mounting points.

I will also have a secondary pivot to to change the direction increase sweep for rear brake activation.

I will not run a side stand (centre stand only) and I will work out the exhaust after pegs and brakes.

the brackets will be made of 25mm round bar drilled to size for spacers (a neat fit hear will put max shear and min bending on the pivot bolts when tensioned up) these spacers will be spigot located into 5mm steel plates fabricated into a z shape to get the right location.

ill try to put up some pics of the plans iv drawn plus template iv made.
need to get my hands on a lathe to make the spacers though.

im not I a hurry to get them made. just needed to design them so I can move on with frame prep.

this is my build thread.
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?action=emailuser;sa=sendtopic;topic=65546.0

cheers
Adam

I did not give up on this I just got the projects out of hand situations so this took priority while I wait on parts

Attachments

• IMG_1640.JPG
    IMG_1640.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,347
So here are some ideas on rear sets for the CB100 from Google etc. My main concern is that the rearsets work, that I am not in some odd foot position.

Attachments

• Lt.jpg
    Lt.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 490
  • Rt.jpg
    Rt.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 672
  • P1010150_zps65f6c7f6.jpg
    P1010150_zps65f6c7f6.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 728
  • IMG_0035.PNG
    IMG_0035.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 429
  • IMG_0036.PNG
    IMG_0036.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 453
  • dy8y6uju.jpg
    dy8y6uju.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 1,456
  • abebequ7.jpg
    abebequ7.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 1,474
  • unuvu9eg.jpg
    unuvu9eg.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 1,356
  • 8ehetamy.jpg
    8ehetamy.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 1,417
  • 28_08_2011_honda_cb_125_uprising_08.jpg
    28_08_2011_honda_cb_125_uprising_08.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 1,627
these are my plans.
will probably use Alloy instead of steal as stated earlier.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 402
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 397
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 397
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 413
Interesting that some of those just ditch the kick start altogether.

Makes me wonder what they use, or if it's a "bump start" only type of bike, which seems like an awful pain in the ass.

That's my main frustration right now (I have a CL100 but rebuilding it as some sort of ungodly CB/CL/Cafe dual sport/scrambler...thing) since you have to have a rearset so far back to clear a kicker- even a CB360 kicker- that unless you are running very low drop handles you'll have some sort of bizarre witch-riding-a-broom posture. ;D

Honestly, bump starting a CB/CL100/125 is about as easy as kicking it. Thing only weighs what, 200 lbs?

I'm helping a pal build a cafe bike from a CG125....it's a slow process as we have very little time to devote to it. We removed all that stand and footpeg stuff that's bolted under the motor, and had some steel hangers waterjet cut, which we have welded to the frame member that runs diagonally up toward the back of the bike.. This gets the pegs in the right place in our opinion. The hangers have to be splayed outward a fraction to clear the swing arm, and the hanger is then bent in the bottom inch or so compensate and bring the footpeg back to horizontal. We'll be fitting some slightly adapted versions of the rearsets we make for the 500 Suzuki.
The biggest problem doing it this way, is that you lose the stand mounts....and the chain run interferes with any new stand mounted on the left side. As a result, we purchased a stand leg of the correct length from a breaker, and manufactured a mounting bracket which will have to be fitted on the right side.

Attachments

• rearsets 010.jpg
    rearsets 010.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 440
  • cg125 frame 001 jpg.jpg
    cg125 frame 001 jpg.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 453
Ok
So I'm intreeged
Very keen to see what they look like when complete.
Mine are almost complete but won't be able to post pics for a bit. Until I reassemble the jigsaw puzzle.

There has been a big holiday from this project, as we are working in an unheated workshop, so we have waited until the weather warmed up a bit. The rearsets I pictured above, will be used without the mounting plates. The gear side is easy, but the brake side needs more thought. The easier option would be to pull the rear brake with a solid rod attached directly between the lever and the arm on the brake hub, (which will have to be turned through 180* to get it in the correct position). However, a cable operated brake would look better in our opinion, but this will need stops attaching to the rearset hanger and the brake hub itself....so quite a bit more work.
I'll keep you posted !

some pics of my rear sets.
still need to make the spacers to move the pegs out a bit further.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 352
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 345
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 375
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 332
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 355
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 357
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 341
Weather has warmed up, so we are getting on with the Honda project.....this has just been loosely put together, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• colin 003.JPG
    colin 003.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 389
  • colin 002.JPG
    colin 002.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 343
  • colin 004.JPG
    colin 004.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 348
  • colin 006.JPG
    colin 006.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 413
Finished result.
I'm stoked with them.
Everything seems to work really well. Time will tell how they perform and last.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 347
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 352
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 364
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg