norton rep feather bed frames to take the new triumph and gsxr 1100.750 engine

we have just made a new norton style frame that will take the new triumph hinkley and the oil cooled gsxr 1100 and 750 engines .we made the frame 10"wide at the rear .40mm taller . the triumph frame is made of 2mm sds and the gsxr frame is 3mm sds. fully tig welderd . we are going to build 2 bikes round the new frames a hinkly triumph and a gsxr . so will be starting the gsxr one in about 2 weeks time so will post picks as it moves on
thers more picks on the new blog http://walkerbrotherscaferacer.blogspot.co.uk/ 8)

Attachments

• IMAG1134.jpg
    IMAG1134.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 266
  • IMAG1136.jpg
    IMAG1136.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 242
  • IMAG1138.jpg
    IMAG1138.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 266
  • IMAG1150.jpg
    IMAG1150.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 271
crazypj said:
Where is the rest of frame?
For 100 quid it would be a good starting point for someone who had a clue but I'm guessing your looking at Draken's pricing?
Even most basic search would give you information on failings of featherbed frame
You would have probably been better off copying a BMW R series, at least you would have a better idea where it needs bracing
the rest of the bracing as to go in the frame as we mout the engine we will brace it .as for price thes are just for us to use .we dident want to put thes up for sale at all we willbe testing the frames for us to use if they work and somone wants one then maybe ;)

then you get this in a pm by swival :eek: one word wanker ;)

No subject)
« Sent to: bobbed to the bone on: Today at 10:42:09 »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »Reply
Delete

They are seriously dangerous,under & poorly engineered frames.Cut the frames up and throw them away.You really don't have a clue about safe bike engineering & building.Stop before you kill yourselves or some nOObiker who buys one of them death traps who thinks"Rad Innit"or something.....

LAOG ?

crazypj said:
Yep, I got a PM from Swivel, but, I pretty much agree with him with whats posted
I had already seen post and was pretty lost for words.
Posting as wip without the engines dropped in would have been OK but implication is they are ready to go
There's more to frame building than being a good welder with a tube bender.
I wouldn't expect a structural analysis but at least some idea of extra bracing that's going to be fitted.
Even MS Paint would allow some lines to be drawn in
Early GSX/GSX-R/GSF oil boilers can be used as a structural member
Although I was only a kid at the time, I was around in the 60's and remember a shitload of regulations got introduced because of people jumping on the original' cafe racer 'cult' with all sorts of dodgy stuff on the market.
It was the direct result of piss poor quality that led to all plastic fuel tanks being banned in Britain
You may be planning a safe frame (I see your using thicker tube for GSX motors) but, at present, it isn't happening
at the end of the day i put a pick up of the start of the frame build .all the brasing willbe right in this frame . its a bit early to start to condem this frame .

No offense meant, bobbed, but maybe pj is saving you a pretty expensive legal battle should one of your frames gets someone killed or injured?

No one it trying to put down the quality of your work (the welds look clean and I dig the look of where you're going), but you're new and we don't know you. We not sure of your background, education, or experience.

One thing we (and I hope, other two-wheeled travelers that 'get it') try to do here is to cut through all the "café craze" and bandwagoning that seems to accompany these bikes. We understand the cool is important to a lot of folks, but also that safety isn't just an afterthought. With that in mind, you'll find the culture on this site is to approach most situations with skepticism because there are some mistakes you're just not around to learn from. You know what I mean?

Like I said, we don't really know you from Adam, so if it's a pat on the back you're after, show us that you're deserving. Show us you know what you're doing and are worthy of the respect that you desire. We're all a bunch of builders (of varying skills and abilities) and we love this kind of stuff. Fabrication is a dying art and we give props where they're due. I'm sure you'll get the feedback you'd like if you're willing to work for it.

crazypj said:
I don't have a problem with it or you, you posted pics for ????????????? (you criticism)
'bobbed to the bone' doesn't imply a cafe background does it?
At least you haven't given yourself a new 'hip' name ;D
How long have you been working on bikes?
If the opinion of a couple of strangers matters that much, maybe this isn't something you should be getting involved with?
haha whats up can a man not build what he likes now ?? as i built choppers in the past its a crime to build a cafe racer frame or bike ? the fing is i can build bikes and frames and do most the work myself .i have built allsorts of stuff in the past so i fink im up to build a cafe racer frame or 2 . i have built bikes .scotters choppers bobbers . and do it well .but i dident fink i add to pass som sort of test on this site to prove im eany good at it .

Sonreir said:
No offense meant, bobbed, but maybe pj is saving you a pretty expensive legal battle should one of your frames gets someone killed or injured?

No one it trying to put down the quality of your work (the welds look clean and I dig the look of where you're going), but you're new and we don't know you. We not sure of your background, education, or experience.

One thing we (and I hope, other two-wheeled travelers that 'get it') try to do here is to cut through all the "café craze" and bandwagoning that seems to accompany these bikes. We understand the cool is important to a lot of folks, but also that safety isn't just an afterthought. With that in mind, you'll find the culture on this site is to approach most situations with skepticism because there are some mistakes you're just not around to learn from. You know what I mean? your right mate you dont no me at all but if somone is slaging you off befor you get a chance to show what you can do its a bit bad in my book

Like I said, we don't really know you from Adam, so if it's a pat on the back you're after, show us that you're deserving. Show us you know what you're doing and are worthy of the respect that you desire. We're all a bunch of builders (of varying skills and abilities) and we love this kind of stuff. Fabrication is a dying art and we give props where they're due. I'm sure you'll get the feedback you'd like if you're willing to work for it.
your right mate you dont no me at all but if somone is slaging you off befor you get a chance to show what you can do its a bit bad in my book . if he wants to see more of what befor slaging me off y not ask me befor sending a pm teling me to chop my frame up and bin it ? i fink your not geting the point y im not happy ;D

bobbed to the bone said:
your right mate you dont no me at all but if somone is slaging you off befor you get a chance to show what you can do its a bit bad in my book . if he wants to see more of what befor slaging me off y not ask me befor sending a pm teling me to chop my frame up and bin it ? i fink your not geting the point y im not happy ;D

Well I don't necessarily advocate that approach, but if nothing else, I hope it got you thinking.

Sonreir said:
Well I don't necessarily advocate that approach, but if nothing else, I hope it got you thinking.
got me finking about what ???? the only fing i am finking about is what do they no about buiding frames or bikes .tel them to go look on my blog all my works on ther look up the older post on ther i rest my case .

bobbed to the bone said:
got me finking about what ???? the only fing i am finking about is what do they no about buiding frames or bikes .tel them to go look on my blog all my works on ther look up the older post on ther i rest my case .

Thinking about whether or not your engineering approach is both safe and effective. You're correct to to question their experience and qualifications just as they are correct to question yours.

I had a chance to look through your blog and you have a nice number of good looking machines. I wish I knew more about frame geometry and stress load engineering so that I could comment toward that aspect, but I don't. However, you must admit that even experts make mistakes from time-to-time and having someone look over your work with a critical eye isn't necessarily a bad thing, right?

That said, I do hope you continue to post your updates. As I mentioned previously, I don't have a great deal of experience with frame building and maybe I can learn something new.

Re: norton rep feather bed frames to take the new triumph and gsxr 1100.750 en

Just build your damn frame. If its solid gold, awesome. If its rubbish, that sucks and ya deserve a pile of shit for it. PJ knows his shit. He wouldnt have said anything if he thought ya were on the right track. Maybe ya are. I hope so. You sure seem to know whats what. So, just build the damn frame, post a pic of it all done and if its good, great. Or you could keep getting butt hurt by the comments of a few guys you dont know on the the internet.

Back
Top Bottom