"Bolt on Thread" 72 CL350 -- "TK-421"

That's awesome. Bike looks great. Where's that road at?

You mentioned the rear fender, if there's no rear hoop there, then yes you should weld in a support bar of some sort. It's hard to tell with the current pics. Can you get some more minus the seat and fender?

I think the real question for this thread has yet to be answered. Why isn't TK-421 at his post?

Fox; I was thinking about fabbing a bracket to do the same as a rear hoop so I don't weld on the frame.

Sonrier I'm pleased at you geek education.

Was testing the electric system just now. I know for sure it's not charging right as I'm only getting 12.84 with bike at 3000rpm. Now I gotta figure out if it's the rr or the stator.

rock2d2 said:
Was testing the electric system just now. I know for sure it's not charging right as I'm only getting 12.84 with bike at 3000rpm. Now I gotta figure out if it's the rr or the stator.

That's not far off. If you're hitting 14V or so at 5000 RPM, I'd leave it alone and call it good.

Forgot part of your question Fox. The road is in southern Utah. We have a winter house up there we try to escape to. I figured there would be no better place to escape the Vegas heat and do some test riding than there. Day 1 she left me on the side of the road 3 times. Day 2 I diagnosed and fixed all the problems I could and she did great. Only did 100 miles total in two days but most of that was food stuff after I solved day 1 problems.

A pic of her as she stands right now. This is from Utah again.

7421384272_de7d919371.jpg

That picture makes my heart just melt. What did you use to edit it? Lightroom/photoshop? What camera Set up do you have? (pardon all the questions. Just getting into photography myself)

Yeah, a hoop is the way to go. You might be able to buy one pre made off DCC. I know they sell em just not sure if it's the right one. I'd be suprised if they didn't have one for a 350 though.

Glad to hear you got her running well. What are you working on with it now?

I run a Nikon d7000 as my primary a d80 as my backup and 6 lenses to round out my current rig. I've got tons of lighting and support equipment as well. That photo is a 3 frame HDR edited in photoshop and converted to bw with silver fx pro.

I'm hoping to get the seat mounted in the next few weeks, tune the carbs better, track down the weak link in my charging system and replace it, remove or rewire the electric start, clean up the wiring, start fabbing a bracket for the gauges.... Just too much.

Hard to ride and have the bike in pieces so I'm currently debating on picking up a new triumph to have a modern daily rider to round out my garage.

Cool stuff. You shoot as a hobby, or do anything professionally? I'm on the other side of the fence with a Canon D60. Two lenses, one flash and I freaking love it. Maybe I mentioned this to you already, but I'm a reporter/writer for newspapers and magazines. Needed something to supplement my articles with. It's a blast. Do you have a flickr, or something equivalent with your pictures online?

Haha I know how that feels. When I had my CL in pieces in my living room I'd lay awake some nights wondering what I had actually gotten my self into. Take things slow. Don't worry about ALL the things you have to do, just think of the one thing. Get your seat mounted. Thats enough for now.

Cool. Which Triumph you lookin' to get?

This will answer several questions; most of my daily shooting can be found at www.flickr.com/rockd My pro website is www.hardeightphotography.com (please ask permission before using or sharing any photos. They are all copyrighted.). That website doesn't get updated nearly enough. I do my own web design and servicing so I get backed up on all my projects.

I shoot semi-pro Fox. I'm a full time firefighter so I get ample time off to run a second business. Lately wedding a light editorial is all the work I can drum up though.

Just fabbed a temporary bracket to replace rear fender and dry fitted seat again. Don't think I like it with the fender off without the hoop. Since I don't want to weld on the frame quite yet and I don't want to buy a hoop to fit a seat pan that's most likely temporary I think I may fit with the rear fender on. Only problem is the three huge holes from the oem lights mounted to the rear fender. I can't mount my new tail light in those holes.

Bondo the holes and leave it cosmetic?

Fox you gotta add me on flickr and Facebook. I'm under Rock Domineck. There are only two of us I should be easy to find.

Can I come over and you teach me how to photography? Some of those are seriously in-cred-ible. Really, way cool. When you say you shoot editorial, what does that mean exactly? Because when I think editorial, I think newspapers. Am I off base?

Weddings I hear aren't bad stuff. Quite a few photographers make their living off just wedding photos. Not for me though. I'm really getting into landscape. Thus I really liked 1-2 and some of the last ones on your website.

As far as the seat goes, you really don't need much back there. Just a rod to keep the two sides static(ish) when you're grinding the footpegs in a turn (haha). Are you totally opposed to welding on the frame. I was, so no big if you were, just wanted to ask. Also, if you do keep the fender and you have bondo then i'd say slap some on and throw a coat of spray paint over it. If it's temporary doesn't have to be perfect right...?

I'll add you on Flickr, but I don't have a Facebook. Got rid of it for a multiplicity of reasons. Cool name though. Rock. Solid. hehe, punny.

Editorial photography means "to tell a story" so yes it is typically associated with newspaper but it also extends to advertising and personal photography. Sometimes it's a specific story, sometimes a more general. Most of the time it's portraiture mixed into it so you have people helping you tell the story and how you light it, photograph it, and edit it, also contributes to how that story is told.

As for the Triumph I want I'm thinking of the Thruxton. I like the current Bonne's ok, but I HATE mag wheels. The current thruxtons come with drag bars and it semi aggressive stance that won't fuck up my (getting) old back.

Seat pan and new tail light installed. Better photos tomorrow.

ef369f58c8b311e1abd612313810100a_7.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/MzmIb-Nl29/

Lookin good man! Those drag bars are really growing on me.

Like the little bike next to yours. Like father like son?

Fox said:
Lookin good man! Those drag bars are really growing on me.

Like the little bike next to yours. Like father like son?

Love the drag bars. Low enough for a sleek look not so low that my back is effed.

Yea I'm hoping my son will ride the mini one day. He still doesn't like riding his bike :/

Back
Top Bottom