OH SHIT!!.. The new locO Triumph 650!!... DAMN...

ahh i keep forgetting that sucker is backwards! most poeple when they rock a jockey the run a foot clutch or a bar clutch (one that is set up on the shifter arm). HOWEVER being that your bike is rev shift. you can leave the bar shifter... personally i would want to clean as much off the bars as i possibly could! I would not want the lever on the handle bar, i would do a foot clutch on that, simple to make and just one less thing to clutter up the front end.

when i do my bobber (CB350) suicide shift, i am going to do a foot clutch... to me a suicide shift is a foot clutch and jockey shift is when the clutch lever is on your actual shift lever. I like a suicide shift cause it allows you to drop the clutch and rip out of the gates and still keep both hands on the bars. all the jockeys that i ride when i am powering though gears it can get a bit hairy with apes when you make a hard shift with one hand on the grip... to each his own of course. i have rode both, and still do ride them on occasion (buddies get too drunk at the bar and know they can call me for a ride and somene to get their bike home) I tried to teach the wife how to ride a jockey and she just hated it.. but the suicide shift she picked up pretty fast and felt much more comfortable on... as do i... so go figure...
ok...off my soap box
anyway.. here are the links
Foot clutch Jockey shift/sucide shift how to's and where to buys
http://hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models/317465-jockey-suicide-shifter.html
http://hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/404516-cheap-mods.html
http://www.lajockeyshifter.com/labriola_machine3_001.htm
http://www.fabkevin.com/

i just realized that the bike is a right sided shifter.....that would drive me nuts having to take my hand off the throttle to shift.

that is one of the reasons i would rock a foot clutch... if not, i think a jockey is pretty stupid. although it does make since on this bike being that it is right side shift... just throwing out ideas man... either way...the shifter arm looks great!

honestly id try to bend up an arm to bring the shifter through the frame and to the left side of the bike...thatd sketch me out lol

ya i feel that. you can actually make a linkage to do that, however, your foot brake would still be on that side. to me that would screw me up more. i have never rode a right side shift... had a buddy that converted one once... but i never rode it before the conversion... would be diffrent that is for sure!

I dunno, you may want to rethink this setup Noel. Good point about taking your hand off the throttle to shift, you won't be able to rev match or feather the clutch, resulting in unexpected stalls. Not to mention you can't cover the front brake while shifting. Is that where it's going to be positioned? Seems a bit awkward to reach that far forward.

DrJ said:
I dunno, you may want to rethink this setup Noel. Good point about taking your hand off the throttle to shift, you won't be able to rev match or feather the clutch, resulting in unexpected stalls. Not to mention you can't cover the front brake while shifting. Is that where it's going to be positioned? Seems a bit awkward to reach that far forward.
What in the world are you talking about?... ;D

The shifter is angled in that exact position on purpose. (We spent a good hour mocking it up.)
When I drop my hand straight down from the throttle + the angle swing of my arm, my palm lands flat on top of the shifter knob. I dont even have to look for it when I need to shift.
That plus the shift does not hit my knees nor hit the exhaust. Its the perfect set up for the way I sit on the bike, my height, how I slouch, and the angle of my arm swing... Custom fit...

Now I dont see how it would be any different from a foot shifter.. I usually decelerate from the throttle when I shift anyhow. With this set up, it would just take a few seconds longer to shift... Id just be holding the clutch lever in a few seconds longer while I lift my hand up to the throttle... Then is all the same..(throttle and release the clutch lever....)
Its not set up for speed or anything..

In terms of hitting the front brake, I dont usually down shift and brake at the same time. If I need to brake, I'll just pull the clutch in and brake at the same time. Then when stopped I'll just down shift to neutral...

Granted this set up may take a bit of getting used to, but I dont think its that difficult that I should change the set up... It will be like driving a car...

locO leoN said:
What in the world are you talking about?...

The shifter is angled in that exact position on purpose. (We spent a good hour mocking it up.)
When I drop my hand straight down from the throttle + the angle swing of my arm, my palm lands flat on top of the shifter knob. I dont even have to look for it when I need to shift.
That plus the shift does not hit my knees nor hit the exhaust. Its the perfect set up for the way I sit on the bike, my height, how I slouch, and the angle of my arm swing... Custom fit...

Second, I dont see how it would be any different from a foot shifter.. I usually decelerate from the throttle when I shift anyhow. With this set up, it would just take a few seconds longer to shift... Id just be holding the clutch lever in a few seconds longer while I lift my hand up to the throttle... Then is all the same..(throttle and release the clutch lever....)
Its not set up for speed or anything..

In terms of hitting the front brake, I dont usually down shift and brake at the same time. If I need to brake, I'll just pull the clutch in and brake at the same time. Then when stopped I'll just down shift to neutral...

Granted this set up may take a bit of getting used to, but I dont think its that difficult that I should change the set up... It will be like driving a car...

Looks ok to me... ;D :p

Seems i've seen something familiar about that... except with a linkage.

So.. I thought Id provided an update....

MORE SPARK THAN A HAIR DRYER + TUB FULL OF WATER!!.. ;D

yeah.. so we replaced the points and condensors in the ARD MAGNETO... no still no spark..
yeah.. so we replaced the "Next to impossbile to get" Coil in the ARD MAGNETO.. then WHAM!!...

damn thing roared!!..

So now, just need to retime the ARD, hook up the Mity Mite for the lights, set up the front brakes.. and Voila...

Pics to some soon..

I have a set of those Chinese levers for a build and they are really solid, feel pretty good too. If you're clutch is really stiff they actually help since the strongest fingers on your hand are now gaining the benefit of leverage. You will need to rework your cables to allow a jacket adjustment. They also have a really nice vintage look as opposed to the other options.

in my case I'll be cabling a hydraulic clutch and brake, need to find small enough cylinders but I think I can deal with that...

Swagger said:
I have a set of those Chinese levers for a build and they are really solid, feel pretty good too. If you're clutch is really stiff they actually help since the strongest fingers on your hand are now gaining the benefit of leverage. You will need to rework your cables to allow a jacket adjustment. They also have a really nice vintage look as opposed to the other options.

in my case I'll be cabling a hydraulic clutch and brake, need to find small enough cylinders but I think I can deal with that...

Lets see them!!

3aec07f0.jpg

Charles%20bike%20complete%20left%20front.jpg

08-0708-Jim-1001.jpg

best I can dig up at the moment.

mikeadamstattoo said:
that falcon you posted. is that the one he made for jason lee?

I do believe that Jason Lee did buy it...I dont think it was made specifically for him...

Care to chime in on that Jason?

I'm confused; what is that diamond plate covering up on the right side on the motor? Nice to see a T120 on the board :)

Back
Top Bottom