Harley street bob... take 9... ha ha ha ha always changing

ha ha ha Brandon we are just so intensly busy in the shop... just not any time to work on my own stuff and keep up wiht customers orders so i have to burn the midnight oil if i want to do it... your going to lvoe the twist and spin i am puttingon this bike now... wait tilly ou see the the color i am doing ont he tins... COMPLETE change..

Dude Joe!!! I am stoked to see where this goes. Glad to also get a little HD action in here every once in a while, keeps me from getting too biased. oh BTW, those bars are bad ass!

ill let you in on my little secret....
strong silver base coat and our color blend gives us this!: (going on my headlight inner trim ring, tank, front fender, rear fender, fuse box, and battery box
lrg-620-anadized_flat_blue.JPG

this is my new pipe
it is a bub lakester 2-1
i am going to get rid of the rounded end of it and cut a agressive v in the back with the mill... then the shields are getting hit in white, with the tips staying chrome
(the 2-1 will allow me to get over 105hp and 115tq with my motor build after it is dyno'd)
443-696_A.jpg

my new 21 front wheel is getting wrapped up in a metzler 120 front tire. wheels i removed the wheel stripe in red and it is going white
front fender is getting wrapped with this custom fender

I then ordered some powder to liquid converter that when i use a 2.4mm nozel tip on my paint gun will allow me to convert the powder to a liquid paint so that i can shoot my saddle bags, trunk, and fairing all in the blue (this is all quick release)
the trunk i will glass in a 8 in sub, in the frairing 2 6x9 speakers, and in the lids on the bags a 4in round per bag, will be powered by 2 500 watt amps and a compassitor
on the mechanic side of things:

Air ride Arnett adjustable
Replace Motor mounts (front and rear) (got them just need to install)
True track
Shift light
New oil cooler lines (wrap them in black braided lines)
Tighten up sandwich plate for oil cooler
Replace tach (is slow)
Replace nutrual light sensor
Replace cam chain tensioner with newer version
Replace all 5 self sealing bolts in inner primary
Drill out damper for better flow
Replace LED’s with hyper white

Hope that it is all done mid month... just need to get the tire for the front end in and i am good to go!

no pics... but last night around 3am i tore off my intake mount, damper and all the brackets, horn mount, and all the bolts that go with it... today while in the shop i am going to strip and blast it all some will get black some will get the new color... should be trick!

well... after i was completed working on customer parts i was able to spend a bit of time working on my parts... dog tired got started on them at 10pm did not get home till 2:30... beat!
getting there slowly...
but things came out great!
tank stripped ready for blasting, primer, and powder
349cdhf.jpg

used the gravity saw to cut the horn bracket off the upper motor mount
2q8tzkp.jpg

then used the belt sander to smooth it off (i left a lip on it so that i can have an area to tuck the spark plug wire to keep it clean)
no more ugly horn cover covering up my pretty motor (this has been stripped and blasted and will be coated to match the tins)
b6qzde.jpg

fxxbo4.jpg

parts blasted up
2afx0s7.jpg

and coated
2eova13.jpg

then went though the careful process of stripping and blasting my oil cooler (it did have to outgass... to prep this it is mainly done though change of media and pressure in the cabinet to protect the fins)
23liqnc.jpg

and coated
zv4p6x.jpg

Nice work as usual Joe. I thought you already had a 21 front? Looking forward to the finished product!

nope rocking a 19 but now ill have the 21... was going to do a 140x21 but i am going to do the 120x21 instead...

well last night i was up late working on odds and ends.... woke up this morning and some FK broke into my truck... ravaged it, but only jacked my GPS... what kind of a bitch would steal from another mans truck... video camera gets hooked up in the morning...

anyway...

I got my wheel stripes done yesterday... rocking the white on black!
2468bva.jpg

zmo2a.jpg

2en6zp5.jpg

also pulled my new progressive shocks apart, coated the springs and caps (from my old set a while ago) so i swapped those out so the shocks are now the same high gloss black as the rest of the bike

xfnfo7.jpg

lots of body work... blocked out the rear fender... glide coat of metal fill... soon as that has 48 hrs to cure ill do one last block... and base coat it...
got some other parts base coated as well
rgxxdt.jpg

Finally my tire came in!!!!! hope i can get it laced up this weekend... then run it by my buddy to true up early next week! then mock up the new front fender (should be here today)
tube and wheel strip also came in! making it happen... just need the dyna beads to come in and we are in busn!
she big! i think i may have to go from a 1.5- 1 inch drop to clear my stearing damper... but we will have to see
anyone need a 120x19 front tire (metzler with a 1000 miles on it)

28khjrd.jpg

106a3qa.jpg

so what do you guys think of me doing gloss white on the new pipe (2-1)
remember this is the blue i am doing on the tins and i did white racing stripes on the wheels?
lrg-620-anadized_flat_blue.JPG

not to bad of an idea brandon... i think i am going to hit them in gloss. if they do not do it for me, i can flat clear them... still sucks... strip down start all over and go with gloss black... my brother is 1000000% sold on the white pipes... so much so that he has me convinced... we will see it is usually me that comes up wiht the wild ideas...
on antoher note... my new pipes came in and they are PERFECT!!!! the shortest 2-1 i have seen that will allow me to get the performance out of the motor i need....
bike is on the back burner as i just picked up a sno pro race sled... have it torn completely down right now... we are going up north next week and i cna not rock a stock sled! ha ha ha
ill get some pics up

well... NO SNOW = no snowmobile trip... blows... but i used my 5 vacation days to work on my own scoot for once... got alot done!

base coat on the tins
bg7l9i.jpg

powder on the tank
5am5xt.jpg

done
108acg1.jpg

15nojyg.jpg

with the tins on... wife pointed out that the polished trees did not fit at all
33ttun7.jpg

shot of the 21 on there and the rough cut of the fender... but polished trees did not flow
9zvbcl.jpg

so... tore them off and coated them
161neo7.jpg

also go rid of the red dots on the dice accents and went white
2zf641s.jpg

did some custom masking on the new 2-1 pipe
291etn8.jpg

finished the 21 front wheel... and started to slap it all together... these pics where shot after i shaved the fender blank down to match the wheel and fit the trees... i still may shorten it a touch up front and back to match the rear fedner but i have to re coat the rear fender as it had some issues in the powder... about an hour and half of sanding and it is ready to go...
here are some pics

fender cut to wrap the tire and hug it tight
6edm6w.jpg

and some finishing up shots from lst night
9kp0yw.jpg

2h3r50i.jpg

2cd5e9.jpg

2m82rgx.jpg

I am unsure on the blue, but it is hard to tell until you get it all together and get the blue tape off! I think that I liked the color it was before so much that the blue is just a shocking change!

i wish the camera did this color justice... it is an anidized blue... so it almost changes colors depending on the angle you look at it. is a flat finish, and really makes the black POP on the bike... so so so glad that i let my brother and buddies twist my arm into shooting this color... it is a pain in the ass powder to work with as the base coat that gives it the effect i like is not made for the powder so playing with flow out times and cure times before a final cure is a MUST or you will have to strip down and start all over

I dig the color, looking forward to see it with the tape off.

Back
Top Bottom